Taking Over

Hello, hello hello! :D How are we tonight? I'm doing fantastic, as always, only because I have such wonderful readers. And yes, I mean you! :D I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, it's funny and serious and just awesome :).. Shoutout to MistyBella15 and your badass editing skills, don't know what I would do without you, girly, I swear! :D Alright, I won't keep you! HERE IT IS!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Dr. Kira Blaire and my own twist on the amazing Del Toro storyline! Thanksies and enjoy!!

Raising my arms over my head, I stretched my body as tall as I could and yawned loudly. I stepped into the hallway, closing the door to my temporary room. Just as I finished my amazing morning stretch, someone walked up beside me and stopped. Looking to my side, I smiled widely at Wesson.

“Good morning sunshine.” I chimed, keeping my cheeky grin on my face.

All Wesson did was stand there, staring at me with his big brown eyes. Arms folded tightly across his chest and flexed to increase their size as he watched me watching him.

“Not a morning person, huh?” I asked, breaking my eyes away from him as I rolled off my tiptoes and dropped my arms to my side. The Sergeant took that as my signal of being done and started down the hall. It took me a few rushed steps to catch up to him.

“So, who’s next?”

“The Hansens.” He grunted out.

“Right, right. I forgot all the other teams left.” Rubbing the back of my hair, I yawned just before lacing my fingers behind my back.

Leaning forward so I could get a better look at Wesson’s face as we walked, I tried making a silly face. Tongue hanging out and eyes crossed but, he made no move to look at me. I put my face back to normal and raised an eyebrow at him until he finally looked at me when I nearly walked into an opening door.

“Why the long face?” I finally asked, going back to watching him with a trained eye after making sure the rest of the corridor was clear.

“I always look like this.” His comment made me smile.

“I know, I just want to know why.” Letting out a single barked laugh. I perked up when I saw a sign for the Mess Hall on the wall on the other side of his head.

I finally looked ahead and saw a small sign above the double doors that lead into the cafeteria. I slowed my pace as we neared the door but Wesson kept on walking, right past the entrance. I stopped in front of the doors, making my companion stop as well and turn to see why I had stopped.

“Breakfast?” I asked as I used one hand to point at the Mess and the other to rub my growling stomach.

“No time. After you interview these last two. We have to get going.” He shook his head as he said it and I gave him my best pouty face.

“B-But breakfast.” My bottom lip was poked out and quivering as I looked at him, my stomach growling louder as if on cue.

I saw him try to hide a smile as he watched my childish action but he didn’t realize how much my body loved food, especially breakfast.

“I’ll grab you a bagel on my way to find the pilots.” My drooped face immediately perked into a full smile as I bounced to his side.

“You do like me!” I sung out, taking a left turn and another left into the office space I was using.

He held open the door for me and instructed me to stay put until he came back, shutting the door quietly behind him. I walked through the door to the smaller office and took a seat in the head chair. Pulling out a piece of lined paper and pen from the bag I’d left in the office the night before, I tapped the end of it on the desk.