Will you take the job, Doctor?

You have stumbled across something amazing!! :D Welcome to the TrickyNici Pacific Rim fandomish thingy! XD If your reading this after reading Taking Back The World, welcome back my lovelies, I have missed you all terribly! If your a newcomer, welcome as well! And please enjoy this first chapter! :D Love you guys alreadyy! This is gonna be soo awesome! Huge shoutout to Mistybella15, for being a great editor :3. Can't wait to work with you on this project as well! Alrighty, I won't keep you Chuck fanatics anymore! ENJOYY!!!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Dr.Kira Blaire and my own twist on Del Toro's amazing movie! ENJOY!

I shifted my weight in the uncomfortable metal chair once again, this time huffing a sigh as I crossed my arms over my chest and kicked my feet out in front of me, taking up a good bit of the small office floor. The receptionist, perched behind her metal desk with a sharp look on her face, turned her nose up to me after examining my unladylike pose and turned her attention back to her holo-screen, shooting glares my way when she caught me making stupid faces at her.

Finally, after sticking my index fingers in both my nostrils, turning them up like a pig nose and crossing my eyes, she let out a shrill sigh and reached to her left, activating a live feed directly into the head boss' office on her screen.

"Marshal, your 2 o'clock is here." Her distaste was obvious in her voice as she kept her gaze squarely on me, lips tight in a frown and eyes squinted. For a moment, she looked like a chimp taking a shit.

"Send her in." A gruff voice answered quickly, ending the call just as fast.

I rose to my feet, stretching my arms over my head and gave the woman a bright smile, even though she was obviously in no mood for smiles. I had been tormenting her for a good 20 minutes beforehand. She picked a pen off her desk and pointed at the door just over her left shoulder, watching me with a sour look as I threw the door open.

"Dr. Kira Blaire?" I stopped just shy of entering the room when I heard my title come from a deep British accent.

"That's me." I cleared my throat, walking the rest of the way to the only desk in the spacious, and all metal office.

The floor, walls and even the picture frames that held numerous awards were in the same steely color. The only splash of color, if you even wanted to call it that, was the slightly darker steel colored chair that a very muscular black man dressed from head to toe in a crisp military uniform.

"I'm Marshal Stacker Pentecost of the Pan Pacific Defense Corps." He rose from his chair, reaching across the desk to shake my much smaller hand. His skin was rough with callouses from hard manual labor. Stotic face and emotionless gaze oozed authority and it stopped me from joking about the terrible weather.

"I've seen you on television." I chose to say instead, still holding onto his hand like a shaken cadet.

"It's an honor." Straightening my back, the Marshall looked me over and gave, what I assumed was, a nod of approval before releasing my hand.

"Please, sit, we have much to discuss." I sat in the edge of the metal seat he motioned to that was right in front of his desk.

"I'm going to get straight to the point, then." He sat down once I was fully seated and grabbed up a manila folder, opening it and scanning its contents before looking at me over it.

"Sounds good to me." I stated, leaning into the chair.

"You are a highly respected psychiatrist, correct?" He asked, looking back down at the file.

"Yes sir, I have two-" I started to say but I was stopped short by the man before me.

"I see all your credentials here. And their quite impressive." After taking another look at me, he closed the file; slapping it on the desk before rising from his chair. Moving around the desk, he walked right past me to face the wall of awards, his back to me as he continued.

"Being a Jaeger pilot is taxing not only on the body but, on the mind as well. I need to make sure that my pilot's are in tip top shape and if their not, you need to fix them." I turned around in my chair to look at the Marshal as I spoke.

"Sir, you can't simply fix someone with a broken mind, it takes-" I tried to explain but was once again cut off.

"Are you saying you can't do it?" He asked defiantly over his shoulder.

"I can, sir, it's just-"

"That's all I need you to do. Check the mental stability of my pilots and either fix those who can be fixed or get rid of the ones that don't make the cut." I was silenced by shock. I looked him over with a critical eye but it was hard to get a reading on a man that wouldn't face you.

"Any questions?" The Marshal asked when I didn't say anything.

"Do you always refer to your subordinates in such a cold way?" At my question, he slowly turned to face me, his expression staying completely still.

"Will you take the job, doctor? Or will I have to ask the next quack that walks through that door?" I bit my lip, knowing without a doubt that the man in uniform before me wasn't kidding around. And I desperately needed the ration cards.

"I'll take the job." I answered quickly.

"Excellent. Your first stop is Manila. A multi-team collaboration is there and the quicker you can get through the pilots, the better." Without so much as glancing at me, he returned to his desk and pulled out a paper, quickly signing it on the bottom.

"When do I start?" I asked as he handed the paper to me.

I quickly read it over and just as fast got the jest of it. It was my contract, binding me to the PPDC for however long they saw fit to evaluate the Jaeger pilots across the globe. Just below where Marshal Pentecost signed his name was a blank line with an X in front of it. The spot to sign my name.

"Now." I sighed, taking the pen he offered me and quickly signed my chicken scratch doctor signature onto the line.

Here goes nothing.

Not too shabby for a first chapter, right? XD please rate, comment and vote pleaaasee!!!! And never be afraid to message me, I love hearing from you guys!!