Busted!

Howdy everyone! :D Who's excited about the new chapter?! I know I am, and Im the one who wrote it! XD Thanks a million mistybella15 for your editing skills, and friendship :) couldn't ask for a better person to write with! Without further delay, here's the chapter!

DISCLAIMER: I only own Dr. Kira Blaire and my own twist on Del Toro's amazing story!

-----

I rolled around in my blanket. I could feel the sweat on every inch of my skin as I jolted awake. My breathing was shallow, eyes were a bit blurry, and hair was matted every which way. The nightmare was still vivid in my mind and the terror gripped me like it was still happening.

“Hey, you’re alright.” I nearly screamed as I ripped my arm from Wesson’s grip.

He was on his knees leaning over top of me, his palms facing me as a show of innocence. I was still laying down, my head resting on the sweat soaked pillow as I stared up at him with wide, tear filled eyes.

“It was just a dream.” Alec’s voice was soft as he rested his hand on my cheek, brushing away a tear and moving some of the slick pieces of hair from my face. It took me a moment to collect myself enough to sit up.

“Good morning.” I mumbled, using my shirt sleeve to rub my eyes.  

“Hi.”He chuckled lightly at my childish behavior. I quit rubbing my eyes and gave him the hardest glare I could muster in my half sleep.

“And here I thought you were the morning person.” Alec chirped, watching me like a hawk as I stretched my arms over my head, reaching for my blanket after the motion and flopping back down onto the bed. I shoved the pillow away from my head and curled my whole body under the blanket.

“10 more minutes.” I mumbled from my hiding spot.

“We have an agenda.” The pestering man pressed, moving far enough off the make-shift bed to flip on the overhead light. I could barely tell it was on under the wool blanket.

“You sound like my mother.” Peeking my face out of the blankets, I squinted as my eyes adjusted to the seemingly bright light overhead.

Wesson was propped on his elbows, pillow bunched between his strong arms and his book gripped in his hands as he read. Not even sparing me a glance, he moved one of his hands from the worn novel and covered my face up.

“9 minutes; enjoy it.” I sighed in relief at his statement and closed my eyes, feeling drowsiness weigh me down as soon as I found the warm spot I had been laying in before my nightmare woke me up.

Just as my eyes were closed, I felt the blanket I had wrapped so tightly around me get ripped off. I threw my hands over my eyes and groaned like a dying animal. I heard Alec chuckle from above me as I sat up, rubbing my face with my open palms. When I finally looked up at him, he was folding my blanket in a perfect rectangle while watching me with amusement.

“9 minutes, remember?” His voice held the same emotion on his face. I crawled to the edge of the bed before standing up and stretching on my tip-toes, reaching for the ceiling.

“You’re an ass.” I yawned, stumbling from my stretch straight to the bathroom.

“I do have one, yes.” Turning around and holding the door frame in my hands, I looked back at him.

“Are you always this smart mouthed, or is it just when I’m around?” I inquired, resting the side of my forehead on the frame as I watched a small smile play along his chiseled lips, causing my heartbeat to catch in my chest.

“Are you always trying to dissect people’s behavior?” His chocolate brown eyes turned to mine and I shrugged my shoulders, smiling warmly at him.