Evaluations

Hello all my lovelies!! I have returned for the abyss that is known as, not having a job!It kinda put me in a funk for a bit but, I'm all better now! I've got a great job now at a doctor's office and I am kicking butt!.. Okay, not literally because I work with a lot of elderly patients XD.. Anywho, I want to give a HUGE shoutout to my editor in crime, MistyBella15. She is wonderful and I appreciate everything she does for me, both with writing and being a great friend! Without further adu, here is the next chapter!!!

EVALUATION:
Patient's Full Name: Becket, Raleigh
Occupation: Jaeger Co-Pilot of Gipsy Danger

COMMENTS:
Patient is suffering from depression and "survivor's guilt" after the loss of his elder brother, Yancy Becket. Patient has yet to communicate about his thoughts or feelings after his release from the hospital. Medical records show no brain trauma so the unusual behavior is being done to protect himself. Working with the patient daily to attempt to build a connection-

"Hey." I jumped when I heard the soft call from the doorway of my office.

I sat back in the chair, away from my laptop. I took a calming breath before looking at the intruder. I should have known the red-haired pilot would seek me out. The last time I had seen Chuck was when he held me during my breakdown when I found out about Yancy. I had done what I could to keep my distance from him after the incident. I wasn't sure where the intimate moment left us.

"Hey- morning." Clearing my throat, I stood up.

Chuck pushed himself from the doorway he was leaning on. His arms were crossed over his chest, making his tan shirt stretch over his taut muscles. It had a strange cartoon logo I didn't recognize. He wore the blue uniform pants with a belt. His black boots scuffed the linoleum as he took a step forward.

"How you holding up?" I was surprised at his question.

I was also taken aback at the level of concern in his quiet tone. It sounded more like he was talking to a wounded animal than a human being. Quickly, I felt my anger bristle at the thought of anyone thinking less of me. I had served my country and gotten a PhD, dammit.

"I'm fine." I told him curtly. I immediately felt remorse for my cold tone.

"Did you sleep okay?" Chuck didn't seem deterred by my statement and closed the space between us.

He leaned his hip on my desk. His eyes never left mine as he took in me in. I brushed my hands against my pants and glanced at my outfit for the day. A week after we were at the Anchorage dome, my normal clothes had gotten ruined in the wash. I accidentally washed them in the industrial washer that the maintenance crews washed their uniforms in.

When I had seen the grease stains all over my cardigans, I was too exhausted to care and just threw them all away. That left me having to wear PPDC regulation clothing. That meant the blue jumpsuit, white shirt, and black boots were my new wardrobe.

"Yeah." I said smoothly to him. I wasn't about to tell him that I was plagued with nightmares about Kaiju swallowing me whole.

We stood there for a moment, just watching one another. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other while I grabbed a piece of my hair and started twirling it around my finger. The air between us was tense. I was about to speak when he beat me to it.

"I heard the Marshall is looking for you." He watched as I grabbed the blue jacket that went with the pants.

I slipped my arms through it as we both moved towards the door. Chuck moved a step ahead of me and opened the office door for me. I swiped at a piece of my hair and I smiled at him.