Chapter 15

Another time skip of about 1 week this time. Enjoy!

"Why you little, how do you win every time?!" Zeb roared after he lost his 5th holochess match in a row.

"I used to play this all the time with my parents back on Takobo. Naturally I just got good at it." Jeffrey shrugged then grinned. "I could always play blindfolded y'know."

Zeb growled as the Phantom connected to the Ghost. 

"Hey, Kanan and Ezra are back!" Jeffrey cheered.

Jeffrey went into the room where Ahsoka was meditating. 

"Do you ever wonder what happened to him?" Jeffrey asked as he saw the recordings of Anakin Skywalker playing.

Ahsoka sighed. "Yes, I never believed that he was killed but he wouldn't have just gone into hiding..."

Just then Ezra walked in.

Ezra started talking to Ahsoka about Anakin Skywalker but Jeffrey tuned the conversation out. He stared at Anakin Skywalker and watched as he deflected the blaster bolts. "He really was an impressive duelist." Jeffrey thought. "Who could have bested him?"

"Well then maybe we should ask Master Yoda." Kanan stated while Jeffrey snapped back to attention.

"Wait a second what?" Jeffrey asked confused.

"I'll explain on the way." Ezra said as they all started walking out of the room.

Two hours later as they arrived at the Jedi Temple on Lothal.

"This is a Jedi temple? It looks like a huge rock to me." Jeffrey commented.

"It had to be hidden so nobody could find it," Kanan said as him and Ezra stood in the circle.

"Jeffrey if you want you can help me and Kanan open the temple." Ezra offered but Jeffrey shook his head.

"I'm sitting this one out. I don't want to accidentally tap into my dark side powers."

Ezra shrugged and then looked at Kanan and they both nodded and started opening the temple. Jeffrey watched, transfixed as the temple opened. 

"Wow it really is a temple." Jeffrey said in shock as they started to enter it.

"Chop you stay here, alert us if you see anything." Kanan told Chopper as the droid gave a little salute.

They entered the temple upon which Jeffrey looked around... and saw nothing interesting, much to his disappointment.

"Then that's a good place to start." Ahsoka said as She, Ezra and Kanan started to kneel in a circle.

"Wait, we're meditating?" Jeffrey groaned as he realized he tuned the conversation out again and that they were all about to start meditating.

He begrudgingly kneeled down and began meditating when he suddenly saw a door. 

"Hey I see something, Wait where is Kanan and Ezra?" Jeffrey looked around and couldn't find them."

"They are in the temple. I can't see anything so this must be your path alone." Ahsoka said. "Remember your training" She told him as he walked over to the mysterious door.

"Don't worry, I've got this." He said as he put his mask on and entered through the door.

As he walked through the door it immediately closed as soon as was through. The room he was now in was completely dark. He grabbed for his lightsabers and ignited them. 

"Hello?" He tentatively called out.

Jeffrey POV:

Immediately I felt an evil presence in the room and saw a hooded figure with two crimson sabers charging at me with a ferocity that I had never seen before. He was way faster then I thought and  I could barely bring my own blades up to block the attack. We parried  each other's moves before I pushed him back with the Force.

"Who are you? Why are you attacking me?" I yelled before he came at me again.

This time I intentionally locked blades with him to get a clear glimpse of his face... and found out that he was wearing a mask. He then pushed me back and started unleashing Force lightning. I managed to bring up my sabers to block but by the time I recovered he was attacking all over again. I started targeting his head and I realized that he was much better at attacking then he was at blocking. So when I ducked underneath a swing that was aimed for my neck, I made a massive cut that went straight through his mask and broke it.

I locked blades with him again and asked again "Who are you?" This time though he put his face in the light.... or rather my face. I nearly passed out. 

"What??? That's impossible..." I said as he chuckled darkly.

"I am you in the future, or I could be. This is what you could become." He looked right at me as I struggled to even stand. 

"No, never. I would never turn completely to the dark side." I said as I stood strong. "This is an illusion."

My doppelgänger tried to reason with me further. "I am no illusion. But even you know the power of the dark side. You can feel it and you have even used it on occasion. Doesn't that power feel good?" 

I shook my head. "The power is not what makes it feel good. It's the ability to use it to help." 

He gave it one more try, "If you acknowledge me as master, I can teach you the ways of the Force." 

I shook my head again. "I already have a master, two in fact. I don't need you to show me anything."

He stopped trying to talk to me after that. "Then you must be eliminated." 

He rushed at me again and we started to fight again, but I was starting to get tired and my strokes were becoming weaker and weaker. Eventually he pushed me over and knocked both of my blades out of my hands. 

"If you yield this can all stop." He said as he stood over me.

"Never." I spat.

He didn't respond as he retracted his lightsabers and started blasting me Force lightning using both hands. I cried out in pain as the lightning spread all over me. As he continued to stream lightning onto me, I lost consciousness.

Oh no 😨 Jeffrey is in trouble! What is he going to do? Let me know what you think of the story so far and until next time, Lunch Kid out.