Chapter 45

Jeffrey was no longer in the room. He seemed to be in some sort of cave.

"So that's what the technology was, illusion tech." Jeffrey groaned to himself as he ignited his saber for a little light.

Nothing was visible ahead of him so Jeffrey turned to look behind him. However he almost wished he hadn't as a chilling sight met his eyes. An army of armored, masked figures stood behind him in the vast cave.

Jeffrey cautiously walked over to one. It appeared to be completely lifeless as it made no movement or reaction to Jeffrey coming closer.

The young Jedi was about to cleave it in two when all of a sudden its eyes, underneath its mask, glowed red. Almost immediately, all the other figures in the cave did the same.

Jeffrey jumped back and got into a defensive stance and as if mimicking him perfectly, the androids pulled out red lightsabers of their own and got into a similar stance.

The one Jeffrey had observed led the charge and tried attacking Jeffrey head on but was quickly dismantled as it was not very skilled in the art of lightsaber combat. He didn't have much time to celebrate his victory however as the next two bots engaged the jedi.

The bots kept a steady flow of pressing an attack of 2-3 at a time but Jeffrey kept matching their pace and destroying them. However as time passed, Jeffrey began to grow anxious as they kept coming.

"This whole thing is an illusion. I have to find some way to end the illusion or else the bots will just keep coming." Jeffrey thought to himself. He used the force to smash two of the bots into the ground before raising his hands in the air.

He focused his energy into creating a huge burst of lightning and his fingers started crackling with small bolts. He held for a couple seconds before he unleashed his Force storm. The bolts instantly got to work and started annihilating the androids. 

The Jedi directed some of the bolts to hit the sides of the cave over and over until finally after a larger bolt struck the walls, another blinding light appeared. 

Jeffrey shielded his eyes once more until the light abated. He opened his eyes and found himself back in the room with the tech except now the room was full of smoke. Occasionally a few sparks went off from the sides of the room, most likely coming from the damaged tech. 

The young jedi saw the hazy outline of something and pulled out the herosaber to defend himself. Upon looking closer, Jeffrey realized it was the Second Sister.

"You're dead." She said before completely disappearing.

Jeffrey's blood chilled but he quickly steeled himself and tried to determine where she was.

Jeffrey POV: 

I felt something lunge at me from behind and I whipped the herosaber around to deflect any attack but my strike was met by the smoke. I felt something else to my left and again brought my blade up to block but nothing was there. 

Suddenly, I felt a rush of pain in the back of my skull as something hard hit me. I gritted my teeth as I recovered. This time I sent a rapid fire of lightning in all sorts of directions but I didnt seem to be hitting anything. I heard the hum of another lightsaber ignite and I whirled around to try and get a glimpse of the Second Sister but she was far enough into the smoke that all I could see was a distinct red glow in the smoke.

I started to run towards the glow but had to duck immediately because she hurled her saberstaff at me. I responded with a quick burst of lightning but she had already disappeared and moved.