Chapter 5

Untangling the Threads

With heavy breaths, Zhan made his way out of the basketball court, with Jiyang following behind him with slow, clumsy steps.

They had finished their practice for the day, so they decided to join the others and found them coming out of the library.

"Heyy!! Xuan, wait up for us," Jiyang yelled. Zhan and Jiyang caught up with them, and they all walked together.

"I'm kinda hungry. Let's go have something, it's free period anyway," Jiang Cheng said, glancing at his friends.

"Sure, let's go. Zhan and I didn't really have anything during lunch break," Jiyang spoke in a tired voice, leaning against Hao Xuan, who allowed it, not in the mood to bicker since he was hungry too.

Yibo walked beside Zhan at the back, trying to ignore Zhan's presence, and Zhan did the same. Their hands brushed each other briefly, but Zhan quickly retrieved his hand, maintaining his stone face. That moment hurt Yibo a little, but he chose to ignore it.

---

Zhan was currently in the library reading something. His phone suddenly vibrated, indicating a new message. It was from Yibo. His hands suddenly felt sweaty, but he decided to read the text.

Pls come meet me at the rooftop after school.

After school was over, Zhan went to the rooftop and saw Yibo standing there, probably waiting for him.

Sensing it was Zhan, Yibo turned to face him, now looking directly at Zhan. He walked towards him and handed him something.
It was a paper, and there was something written on it.

Zhan looked confused but read it regardless.

I know we've both been avoiding each other these past few weeks since that incident. I can admit it was my fault for doing something you were probably not comfortable with. I was ahead of myself and should've stopped in that moment. I'm sorry if you were upset because of what I did. I never intended to hurt you. I hope you can forgive me and we can continue our friendship. Once again, I'm sorry.

Yibo gazed at him with a sad smile, silently mouthing an apology. Zhan, in a state of shock, carefully read the letter. He had never expected Yibo to speak to him again after what had transpired, yet it seemed he was mistaken.

With a soft sigh Zhan slowly spoke, "Its fine yibo. You don't have to apologize. It wasn't your fault and you didn't make me uncomfortable. Its just that I'm confused about my feelings towards you so i needed time but i can assure you, you didn't hurt me. And I'm glad you are willing to continue our friendship after what i did."

As Yibo read each word from his slow lip movements, tears welled up in his eyes. Relief washed over him, knowing that the misunderstanding had been cleared, and Zhan wasn't angry with him.

Observing Yibo's tears, Zhan's heart raced with worry, fearing he had misspoken. Hastily, he apologized and hurried to Yibo's side, gently wiping away the tears before enveloping him in a tight embrace. Yibo nestled into Zhan's arms, finding solace in their shared moment atop the rooftop.

Few weeks passed since the misunderstanding being cleared, yibo who was sure about his feelings for zhan didn't wanted to pressure the latter about his feelings so he didn't bring up the topic to zhan since the day at the rooftop.

Fortunately zhan and yibo were good now and seemed to be interacting well which brought a relief towards their friends who were worried about them.

Right now yibo was looking at his notes while rolling his pencil on his mouth. He was thinking of asking zhan out for a movie but was hesitating. He looked towards his side and saw zhan writing his notes. Yibo took out his phone and decided to text him.

Hey zhan

I was thinking if you would like to go watch a movie with me today.

Sure. I'm free after school anyway.

Greatt. Lets meet at XXX-XX theatre at 7pm.

Okay.

Yibo then happily put back his phone and continued writing his notes. He was excited for tonight.

🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~

Hey guys!!

Hope y'all enjoyed the chapter. Tysm for reading <3 Comment down your thoughts and don't forget to vote.

Love y'all 💜