Chapter 7

Unveiling a Menacing Presence

At that moment zhan found himself struggling to conceal his jealousy when he watched Yibo and the girl engage in their conversation, exchanging hand signs and smiles that ignited a fiery envy within him.

Later that night, as he lay in bed trying to shake off the lingering thoughts, those moments replayed incessantly in his mind, refusing to let him drift into sleep. He let out a heavy sigh and reached for his phone.

His heart leaped in his chest when he noticed a notification from Yibo.

Yibo 💚

It was fun hanging out with you today zhan. Lets go somewhere else in the next weekend :D

sent at 11:30pm

You

Yeah it was fun. We could go again i don't mind. :)

sent at 11:59pm

Zhan felt a pang of guilt as he recalled how he had ignored Yibo's wave earlier, driven by jealousy. He knew it wasn't Yibo's fault, and he regretted his actions deeply. After receiving yibo's text, Zhan's mood lifted, as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders. Eventually, he drifted off to sleep with a foolish smile on his face, feeling a sense of relief.

___

The following day, Zhan strolled through the school gate with a gentle smile. Just as he was about to step into his classroom, he was taken aback by an unexpected scene.

There, seated in Zhan's usual spot, was Wenhan, engrossed in conversation with Yibo in his notebook. It took Zhan a moment to recognize him as Wenhan, the captain of the football team. While Wenhan wasn't particularly popular, he was known for his friendly and sociable nature. Zhan had never really paid much attention to him before buy this morning's sight caught his eye.

Marching over with a sense of determination, Zhan cleared his throat, "Ahem, that's my seat. Would you mind moving?"

"Oh, of course. Yibo, I'll catch up with you later. See you around," Wenhan said with a ruffle on Yibo's hair as he made his way out of the classroom.

Meanwhile, Jiang Cheng, Jiyang, and Hao Xuan were thoroughly entertained by Zhan's uncharacteristic display of assertiveness. Zhan rarely showed such emotion to anyone outside of his close friends, so they relished in the drama that seemed to follow Zhan since he met Yibo.

Yibo greeted Zhan with his usual sunny smile and passed his notebook over, unaware of the small commotion that had just unfolded.

Yibo greeted zhan with his sunny smile as usual and passed his notebook to zhan.

Morning zhan! Hope you had a good sleep. :)

"Yeah sure. How could i possibly sleep last night when all i did was think about your cute face" he mentally thought.

But regardless he lied anyway.

Yeah i slept well don't worry.

Thats greatt

Btw who was that guy you were talking to?

Oh its my new friend. We met few days ago at school. He is Wenhan ge.

Oh i see.

They stopped writing when the teacher walked in.

"Wenhan ge huh? They seem pretty close. But whatever its not like i care if he hangs out with anyone else besides me"

"Yeah sure keep telling that to yourself and your cute yibo will be taken away from you by all the people who are head over heels for him."

"Fucking shut up!! I don't like him! Thats it"

"Yeahh everyone knows that lover boi"

Zhan returned from his inner battle just as Jiang Cheng's voice cut through the haze of his thoughts, calling him to attention in class. By the time lunchtime arrived, Yibo found himself being pulled along by Hao Xuan and Jiyang towards the bustling cafeteria, with Zhan and Jiang Cheng trailing behind with leisurely steps.

"Yibo, it's been ages since I've had lunch with you, baby. Come on, sit with me today," Hao Xuan whined in a playful, almost petulant tone.

Yibo couldn't help but chuckle at his friend's childish antics, but he acquiesced and settled in beside him. Jiang Cheng and Jiyang exchanged knowing glances, silently acknowledging Yibo as the only one capable of tolerating Hao Xuan's more exuberant behavior.

Zhan, on the other hand, felt a pang of disappointment. He had hoped to sit with Yibo, but Hao Xuan's antics had put paid to that idea. Resolutely, Zhan masked his disappointment, determined not to let his frustrations show. He silently vowed not to kill  Hao Xuan, no matter how much the other boy tested his patience.

Seated across from Yibo and Hao Xuan, with Jiang Cheng and Jiyang flanking him, Zhan's annoyance only grew with each passing minute. It was clear to him that Hao Xuan was doing this intentionally, and Zhan noted every subtle flirtation: a shoulder rub, a playful touch to the face, even holding Yibo's hand while feeding him.

Zhan's last nerve was nearly frayed to breaking point when Hao Xuan reached for Yibo's cup of coffee.

"No way in hell." Zhan thought, his irritation reaching its peak. Without a moment's hesitation, he swiftly snatched the cup from Hao Xuan's grasp and took a long sip, effectively preventing any chance of an unintended "indirect kiss." and downed half of it without hesitation.

"What was that for, Zhan?" Jiyang's smirk was evident, followed by a mischievous expression from Jiang Cheng.

"I-I was just thirsty. Besides, it's not even that good. Why do you like it so much, Yibo?" Zhan rolled his eyes casually and focused on eating his meal.

Yibo felt a blush creeping up his cheeks at Zhan's unexpected action, but he quickly pushed away any lingering thoughts, trying to regain his composure.

____

As the final school bell chimed, Zhan walked towards the school gate prepared to send a text to Yibo and wait for him so they could walk home together. However, his plans were interrupted when he felt a firm hand on his shoulder. Startled, Zhan turned around, only to find himself frozen in shock at the sight of someone he never expected to encounter again.

"Hey zhan...do you remember me?.." The girl spoke.

🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~

Heyy y'all!! Sorry for posting after so long. As you guys know i was having my exams and busy with school work.
But I'm back now^_^

Hope y'all like the chapter. Tysm for reading!! Comment down your thoughts and don't forget to vote.

Love y'all 💜