Chapter 16

Heartbreaking Depth of Sorrow

"Yibo... n-no, it's not what it looks like," Zhan uttered as he quickly got off the bed, hurrying towards Yibo who stood in stunned silence. Warm tears streamed down Yibo's cheeks as he tightly shut his eyes, a wave of emotions crashing over him. He rushed downstairs, Zhan desperately reaching out to grab his arm, but he wasn't quick enough. Panicked, Zhan followed Yibo downstairs only to see him already driving away in a cab.

"Fuck, fuck! No... This can't be happening, shit," Zhan cursed loudly, his mind racing as he dialed Jiang Cheng and the others.

Meanwhile, Yibo sobbed uncontrollably in his bed, trying to stifle his cries so as not to wake his sleeping brother, Huan, in the room across. He couldn't fathom that this was real. When Xie Yun had texted Yibo claiming he saw Zhan with a girl from the bar, Yibo had been worried and uncertain. He had decided to check on Zhan, leading him to the bar where he found Zhan's car and the light on in his room. Bursting in, he was met with a devastating sight—Zhan on top of the same girl they had hugged in the café, a crushing feeling seizing Yibo's heart.

With no other option seeming viable, Yibo felt leaving was the safest choice at that moment. Despite his gut telling him to stay and hear Zhan out, he let instinct guide him home.

The following day, Jiang Cheng, Jiyang, and Haoxuan came to Yibo's place to talk, but Yibo remained tight-lipped. Jiang Cheng attempted to explain it was a misunderstanding, but nothing felt right anymore.

They reluctantly returned to Zhan, who had locked himself in his room after throwing Ziyi out the previous night. It had become clear that Ziyi wasn't drunk as she pretended; she had plotted to have Zhan all to herself.

"Zhan, listen, I know it's tough, but give Yibo some time to calm down. You two can talk things out, don't worry. We've already arranged for that woman to leave the country before we pursue legal action against her company and career," Jiyang spoke, patting Zhan's shoulder with reassurance as Haoxuan nodded in agreement.

Zhan could only stare at the floor, silent tears streaming down his face. How had Yibo seen such a misleading sight? It shattered him. He couldn't bear the thought of losing Yibo, the one who had brought light into his life from the moment they met. The shy smiles, the subtle touches, the shared moments of understanding through signed communication—every memory with Yibo was precious to Zhan.

He had never imagined anyone could make him so happy, yet Yibo had proven him wrong. The idea of losing Yibo now threatened to unravel him completely. Zhan feared he would lock away his heart once more, shutting out anyone who dared to come close.

Days passed without any response from Yibo to Zhan's messages. By the fourth day, Zhan appeared like a shell of himself—dark circles under his eyes, unkempt hair, and a loss of appetite. Despite comforting words from his sister and mother, Zhan remained in a state of despair.

Then, one morning, he heard soft footsteps entering his room. Zhan sat on the floor, facing the balcony as sunlight streamed in. When he turned, he found Yibo standing before him, looking as innocent and gentle as the day they had first met.

"You look like a mess zhan"

"No i don't"

"I can tell you've been crying" yibo signed back.

Yibo crouched down, enveloping Zhan in a warm hug, his fingers gently caressing Zhan's hair as he pressed a tender kiss to his head. Zhan, overcome with emotion, finally let all his tears flow freely. The room echoed with his loud sobs as they held each other tightly.

With quivering lips, Zhan met Yibo's gaze, the latter looking at him with a gentle smile. Upon hearing Zhan's side of the story, Yibo's heart sank with regret for his hasty actions. He had let his emotions and doubts cloud his judgment that night.

"I'm so sorry for not trusting you and leaving without giving you a chance to explain," Yibo signed, his expression filled with remorse. "I let my instincts take over, and that was immature of me. I know I haven't been the best lately, but I promise to be better for you. Please, give me another chance."

Zhan was overwhelmed by Yibo's sincerity. Despite the misunderstandings and hardships, Yibo still cared deeply for him. He understood now that Yibo needed space to process everything that had happened that fateful night.

After a heartfelt conversation filled with signing and understanding, they embraced once more. Yibo pressed a tender kiss to Zhan's neck, a silent promise of his love and commitment. Zhan let out a sigh of relief, feeling comforted in Yibo's arms.

Their intimate moment was suddenly interrupted by their friends, who had been eavesdropping behind the door. Without missing a beat, Hao Xuan leaped in for a group hug, joined by Jiyang's laughter. Jiang Cheng stood nearby, unfazed by the chaotic scene, shaking his head with a smile.

🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~🌻~🕊~

The story is gonna come to an end soon so stay tuned! Hopefully y'all are still enjoying the story :)
Lets put a goal of 100 votes on this chapter.