three

"Lisa Delton."

The name left the lips of the girl who introduced herself; with a smile on her lips and light blue eyes, that appeared darker because of the black dress she was dressed in, reflected Allea.

 One hand holding the handbag, other sunglasses she just removed from her face, and her tall figure that reached equally to Elijah stood proudly. The knee-length simple black dress with sheer long sleeves gave her an ordinary approach but her haughty demeanor and the perfect figure that hugged the dress gave it an extraordinary bearing. Her now dyed platinum blonde hair reaching her waist stood starkly to her dress, but harmonizing with the layered rope chains she wore around her neck, enhancing their shine. Her fingers, gleaming with diamond rings, moved the strands of hair away from her face —showing off her angular and mesmerizing features.

When Allea heard the name, the momentary astonishment she felt has long diminished without even appearing on her face —but her gaze flickered toward Elijah.

What came in sight was Elijah's serious gaze as he continued to stare at Allea intently, his thumb was restlessly scratching his finger and on his face and eyes, there were traces of nervousness she witnessed just seconds ago. Allea inwardly sighed, as she once again moved her eyes toward Lisa Delton who was waiting for Allea's response —she was glad that nothing could be seen on her face otherwise it wouldn't have taken longer for Elijah to conclude (if he was not focused on his nervousness at the moment) that something was wrong with Allea's absentmindedness.

Without wasting another second, Allea's expressionless face and indifferent eyes again met her raised bluer ones —her voice came out plain, too plain, "Allea Ciarve."

Lisa's brow raised as her lips tilted in a smile, she nodded and commented, "I know."

Seeing her provoking smile, Allea returned it with a little nod and impassiveness on her face.

"So, Allea, do I have to remind you about myself again, in case you forgot like the last time."

Lisa's eyes sparkled and raised a brow, hinting toward the last time they met months ago at the Mr. Nicholas Salvadge party —where Allea dismissed her presence on the excuse of forgetting about her.

There was no change in Allea's expressions as she uttered, "No."

Her grin widened, as she moved toward Elijah whose eyes were moving between two of them, wrapping her hands around his arm she asserted, "See, didn't I told you we both know each other?"

Elijah's eyes moved toward Allea, the smile was nowhere in her eyes and expression, nothing was showing that whether she was pleased or exasperated with this meeting. He sighed inwardly, he has seen this Allea far too many times, and this is how she approaches every stranger she meets —completely opposite of her cheeriness of minutes ago. Elijah himself has experienced this side of Allea, he didn't expect her to right away behave amiably even for his regards, but he came to know that Allea somewhat recognized Lisa Delton and from the momentary look he caught in her eyes, his fear finally proved right: Allea's impression about Lisa wasn't good.

An awkward silence fell in the room, with three of them staring at each other, which Elijah finally broke with his failed attempt to ease the tension, "Um, let's eat, I'm quite hungry."

Allea nodded at his words, but didn't look at him or Lisa, different thoughts were making her too conflicted to utter any words — she knows she can't pretend in front of Elijah because he can easily directly see through his façade, moreover, she has never done so in front of people she considers her own, and she never will. So, Allea sat silently, without talking, not once her eyes rose to look at Lisa Delton, who sat opposite to her and beside Elijah.