seven

"Please take a seat."

In addition to her heels making a sound against the floor as she walked toward her chair, Allea's voice rang out in her silent office — her tone lingering between the usual indifference and professional politeness. Loosening the buttons of her blazer, lightly spinning around the chair, she put her right arm on the headrest of the chair and raised her eyes toward the man who followed her.

Meeting his gaze, with a slight movement of her left hand she gestured toward the seats on the other side of the office table.

With a sparse tilt of the head, the man headed toward it and Allea's eyes raised toward her assistant, Nayla, who was behind him. Seeing the absence of his people, Allea could see that he wanted to talk alone with her. Allea's gaze once again held his, as she sat on her chair and asked about his preference in coffee or whatever.

His head turned a little to the side, perceiving the silhouette of the assistant standing near the door, in the cold tone responded with a single word: coffee.

Hearing this, Nayla excused herself and Allea once again held his calm gaze as she inquired, "So, what did Mr. Salvadge want to say?"

Her brow raised lightly along with her words directed toward the man in front of her — Aris Salvadge.

Allea had utterly forgotten that in her disingenuous words, she agreed with Aris Salvadge: that she'll meet him once she returns. And now, it has been one month since she has returned, even after his sublet attempt (sending the bunch of white roses) of awakening Allea's insincere promise she ignored it — but one thing she never considered that the man in front of her still hasn't forgotten.

About two weeks ago, she received a call from Nicholas Salvadge, after some exchange of casual greetings, he stated that he has transferred his shares to his son — if there was any particular reason behind it, neither he stated nor Allea asked. Along with that he revealed his remorse of no longer having an excuse of meeting her and informed Allea that he, along with his wife is moving to another country for a long vacation. Allea listened to his words quietly, answered politely, and in the courtesy of getting along peacefully in the past years, she told him that he was welcome any time at the mansion or office if he intends to meet her. With that, discussing other few things, they hung up the call.

Whatever uneasiness urged Nicholas Salvadge to call her, Allea didn't ponder over it but his call reminded her that this time's board meeting will be attended by Aris Salvadge.

Today was the board meeting: not for any particular project but for a quick review of the company's performance during Allea's absence and after her return, as well as the planning, continuation report of prior projects & approval of future projects.

Allea was nonchalant about it until the board meeting ended, and he approached her, with the same intention as the Global charity event: some kind of business agreement to negotiate. This time she didn't ignore him, seeing his persistence she thought of giving his words an ear, whether she likes it or not, one will find out after hearing him.

Consequently, here she's, in her office with Aris Salvadge seated on the other side of the table.

Appearing impeccable from head to toe, dressed in a suit, he sat straight, under the glowing lights of the office, his swoon-worthy looks and stiff jaw appeared gleaming and sharper. He sat cross-legged with one hand on it and the other resting on the chair's handle with his black eyes were fixed on the girl seated across him.

"I would like to work with Allgaier Corporation."

His gaze undeviatingly held Allea's as he articulated his words. At his immediate response Allea nodded, with a slight smile she voiced in an obvious tone, "Well, I'll have to look into the project first."