ten

[In the past, one month before 25-years-old Allea took her life.]

Except for the light coming from the desktop, there was only darkness in the surroundings, in this tinge of brightness the office could be vaguely seen, especially the figure that was laid on the carpet of the sofas. Drowning herself in the alcohol to forget the things around her, the failure of a project whose details were open on the computer and papers were scattered around it.

Two days ago she fully recognized she lost it all, her last chances, and from then she has been in this room, questioning herself with whys and answering them with only ifs.

In amidst of silence and darkness surrounding her, she heard movement, don't know how but this unknown voice somehow woke her up from slumber, she thought maybe someone was coming to look for her after so long, as the building was long ago left empty by the workers who worked here, and those rare ones who left were off for the weekend.

No one, nothing was of any use now, as everything that belongs to her will soon fall into bankruptcy. Still, everything is held by one thread, but it also doesn't matter as it will also be broken by the news she doesn't know right now.

Blinking her eyes, she focused herself to hear the steps that stopped right outside her office door, and soon the door was kicked open.

A flicker of hope passed through light brown eyes, as Allea struggled to sit on the carpet and turned to face the door.

Through the brightness that followed in, there stood a figure of a girl. Her long black hair was left open, dressed in an enchanting dress that hugged her body beautifully, with her one gesture the guards standing behind her stepped ahead to switch on the lights and the office that was submerged in darkness suddenly became devoid of it.

Allea struggled to see her face, her eyes squinted she fought against the light that was piercing her gaze, moreover, from the sparkle of the girl's dress standing in front of her.

In amidst her struggles to open her eyes, Allea heard the sound of stilettos walking toward her and stopping right before her.

As she fully opened her eyes, she raised her head to at the girl, her drowsiness was pushed behind as Allea took in the details of the face of the girl looking down at her. The figure's dark brown eyes were cold and motionless as she stared down at the girl lying at her feet.

After a moment of silence, Allea remembered the face and muttered the name dubiously, "...Vivianna."

She was doubtful, the way she remembers the girl named Vivianna, and the way she stood in front of her, looking at her, was all contradicting to the Vivianna she had in her memories.

A smile bloomed on Vivianna's face as she once again gestured to her guard with murmuring and in the next second glass of water was handed to her. Vivianna extended the glass toward Allea, who with trembling hands took it. As she drank, Vivianna sat on the sofa, making herself comfortable while still looking down at the girl.

"Do you hate me?"

These were the first words Allea heard when she again looked at the girl seated in front of her. Her brows frowned in confusion as she became a lot soberer and understood Vivianna's words.

"Why?"

Hearing Allea's response, a smile bloomed on her charming face, and then it turned into loud laughter. Allea just kept looking at the face of the girl in front of her, not knowing that it was the moment of victory for Vivianna Lynch, the person she thought she has destroyed didn't even know it. That was probably the reason for her appearance, to tell Allea the reason why she should hate her.