eleven (ii)

"Allea you have to trust me, I'm absolutely fine, no bruises-" For a moment Kai's words halted, as he stealthy pulled the blanket to hide the bandaged scratches, "Yeah, nothing, It was just when he suddenly stuck his leg, I failed to see it but don't worry, I took him down with me!"

Allea still didn't look up from the mobile in her hands, her hands were typing constantly, which paused when Kai's next words reached her ears.

"Where is he? I bet he's way worse!"

Allea looked up, her gaze met that cheeky eyes of her brother, and raised a brow, "Oh, so do you want me to praise you?"

Kai was about to hastily nod, but focusing on Allea's calm face and narrowed eyes, his raised head halted right there, "N-no..."

Suddenly he felt Allea's hand reaching for his forehead, and softly moving the hair away from it, Kai froze while staring at her as she spoke, this time her tone was deeply solemn despite the calmness in her eyes, "You're fully aware that things could have been turned way more serious."

Perceiving that Alllea was not angry till now, Kai immediately tried to explain his side again, "You know I don't fight unless things get really serious but he deliberately provoked me, day after day, but I still ignored him. Then he..."

Taking a breath, while patting his head lightly, Allea interrupted his rambling, "Kai... it's okay."

A pause of silence fell, in which after a sigh, she looked straight into his round eyes staring unblinkingly at her and enunciated, "I trust you."

Kai blinked and nodded in response absentmindedly, still processing Allea's unexpected response.

Still moving her gently through his hair, Allea queried, "Do you feel any dizziness?"

"...No."

Allea suggested leaving the hospital, for him to rest well at home, for everything else she informed Ben to handle, and also contact Allgaier's family doctor to keep Kai under observation at the mansion.

"Ben will be here soon, then we'll leave," with a slight smile, Allea added, "Rest a little more."

Kai blinked a few more times expecting Allea to smack his head, telling him all the things he will be forbidden in the following days, along with reprimanding him for his behavior —but nothing of that came even after he continued to stare in anticipation and in the end, he settled to close his eyes reluctantly.

Allea once again gazed at his face, another sigh left her lips, when she earlier stared at Kai's face as he was sleeping, different thoughts swirled through her mind.

Allea knows that she lacks in many aspects on how to teach Kai, but she has always tried to do her best, and one thing she always wanted was Kai to protect himself well, fight against whoever wants to harm him, but she always ignored to accept the obvious fact that he can get injured too. If he can inflict ten wounds on others, then one can also land on him. This somewhere subconsciously made her protect Kai from these factors, she put out the people and guards around him who follow/monitor him the moment he leaves school and mansion. In the school, with his background and his reputation to fight bullies, hardly anyone dared to touch him.

Even if Kai doesn't object to guards following him everywhere, Allea's knows just because of her being overly cautious and unreasonable she can't restrict him too much. In the past, he would come home with scratches, Allea thought things wouldn't exceed from these minor injuries, and then the incident with the paparazzi happened (where he got severely wounded), she made sure nothing like that day will recur —but today things repeated and so they will in the future.