Chapter I

The sound of fingers clicking on keyboards and papers rustling could be heard as the rising sun peeked through the windows of the headquarters of the famous agency, it was pretty quiet considering it was still early morning and everyone was still quite slow besides kunikida who was as always, was following his ideals with amazing precision. He had a radio placed beside his computer to listen to as he worked, filling the air with the speaking of the broadcaster.

"Now, for the news of today, Sakura Ichiro ,rising Japanese idol, was found dead yesterday evening in one of the streets of Tokyo, witnesses say they didn't see anything besides her body hit the floor, police at the scene reported a note in miss Ichiros hand, it was later confirmed it was her handwriting that had written a suicide note. Police say this is very similar to suicides that have happened across Japan. People found dead, seemingly from suicide in places they have no reason to be. What could this me-"

The talking of the radio was interrupted by the door slamming open revealing an ecstatic Dazai, walking in with Atsushi behind him holding a tray of coffees provided by the lovely owner of the cafe downstairs.

"We got coffee for everyone!~"

The others instantly got up, grabbing the cups with the steamy, bitter liquid, saying their words of gratitude as they went back to their seats, sipping slowly to not burn their tounges.

The two went to their designated seats and Dazai spun around childishly only stopping when he heard kunikida sigh and turn off the radio.

"What's wrong?"

Kunikida shook his head and pushed up his glasses with his index finger.

"Yesterday there was another suicide, a woman this ti-"

"A woman commited suicide?! Alone?! What a tragedy! I should have been there to accompany her! Truly a tragedy!"

"Shut up Dazai! Ahem. Anyway. As I was saying, there's been so many suicides happening lately-"

"And that is exactly why I am here."

Everyone turned to the new voice since they had tuned into the conversation between the pair and Dazai got up, walking towards the male who stood beside their president.

"Ango? What an honour to have you~"

The said male simply sighed at his former workers words.

{<<|>>}

"So you want us to figure out if it's actually suicides or murders?"

Ango nodded at the tiger boy and looked over the bunch of them.

"Precisely. The government have reason to believe that these suicides aren't really suicides. That's quite obvious considering how many have occured over the past few months, having the same connection between all of them, notes written by the person but the same words each time and being in places they have no reason to be in."

"Well that will be easy right? Ranpo-san can figure it out easily! All he needs to do is see the crime scene"

Ranpo looked up at the mention of his name and nodded in agreement with Atsushi.

"Unfortunately the scene has already been cleaned, not to mention it was in Tokyo, we can only wait until something else happens. I will call you when I have any news but I will give you these files"

He took his briefcase, popping it open and taking out a brown file case, stamped with 'CONFIDENTIAL' in red, placing it on the table Infront of Fukuzawa who remained silent.

"The government would greatly appreciate your help."

It was silent for a few moments before Fukuzawa stood up with his arms crossed.

"The Armed Detective Agency will take on this mission and carry it out accordingly."

Ango nodded in appreciation and stood up, exchanging a few words of goodbye before leaving.

Yosano picked up the file case and opened it, taking out a few papers and humming as he saw they were descriptions and pictures of the victims. She walked over to Ranpo who sat at his desk, munching on some pocky and dropped the papers on his deck making him stop and swallow.

"Hey Ranpo you can solve this easily right? Do your thing-"

"You owe me 30 sweets then!~"

She sighed and nodded, stepping back as everyone watched him take out his glasses, placing them on his nose and scanning over all the files for 1 minute and 36 seconds, stopping and having a blank face. They figured he solved it and went to ask but stopped when they saw his wide eyes, looking as if in shock which was rare for the composed detective. Tanizaki nervously stepped up as he spoke.

"Ranpo-san?..is everything okay?-"

He slowly looked up from the papers at them and swallowed a little, closing his eyes and composing himself once again making them even more curious.

"I can't figure it out."