𝟎𝟏

Zoey Kelly's face scrunched up as it was poked multiple times

Zoey Kelly's face scrunched up as it was poked multiple times.The girl groaned and flipped around in her bed,attempting to get comfortable once more."What's the matta' with you?"

"What?What's the matter with me?You're just like him,jeez.Wake up!"The brunette peeled her eyes open to see Kloppmen,waking the newsies up.She groaned once more before sitting up.

"Cant a girl get some beauty sleep around ere'?"

At the end of the bunk bed stood Mush,grinning from ear to ear.She looked towards him and chuckled,jumping down to the floor and walking in line with the smiling boy to the sinks.

"What's up Mush,did ya sleep with a hanger in your mouth?"

Mush let out a loud laugh,softly punching Zoey's shoulder,"You hear that guys?Zoey asked if ise slept with a hanger in my mouth!"

Zoey punched him back and grinned while walking towards an empty sink.After rinsing her face and brushing her teeth she grabbed a comb out of Specs hands and winked at him,starting to brush her own hair.He let out a groan from beside her,"I was using that Ace!"

With a shrug of her shoulders she continued brushing her hair.Suddenly she was moved from the mirrors view,by Racetrack who had grabbed her waist and stole her sink.Ace elbowed him and his hands fell off her waist.

"Good morning sunshine!"Race smirked,kissing Zoey's cheek.The boy received an eye roll and lazy grin in return.

"Hey!Don't be kissin' my sister Race!"Jack,Zoey's older brother,called from across the room.Some of the newsies let out some 'ooos' while the two blushed and parted from each other.

"Cmon everyone,time to carry the banner!"Every newsie in the joint ran down the stairs,leaving to go buy there papes.Zoey kissed Kloppmen's cheek as she passed him,hearing kid blink mutter to Mush 'i wish that was me.'

Once every newsie was outside the lodging house they started their walk to the square.Zoey looked to her left to see one of her closest friends,"Hey crutchie,we sellin' together today?"

"Course we are ace!"The sweet boy smiled down at his friend.She smiled back and fell into step with him.Racetrack quickly caught up with the pair,walking on Zoeys right side."Twenty cents says Morris'll ask you out again Ace."Race mused,wrapping an arm around her.The smaller girl let out a vomit sound and looked up to him.

"I am not betting on something that sickening Race."She giggled with the two boys.Race chuckled and squeezed the girl under his arm.

Zoey ended up being lucky she didn't place that bet,as she walked to the window waiting for it to open."Just the person i was hoping to see"
Ugh.Morris Delancey.