Chapter 1 The Average Fairytale

Barry picked up his phone begging it was Iris returning one of his many messages he had left her.
It wasn't.
Just another call from S.T.A.R Labs. Caitlin probably.
He couldn't save the world knowing Iris wasn't talking to either himself or his alter ego The Flash. She was the reason he was saving Central City.
Why did he tell her? There was no point she was already seeing Eddie. She would never leave him for Barry.
She would never leave his lucious good looks for Barry's nerdy personality.
As Barry put his phone back down on the table declining Caitlin's call, a knock on the door took Barry by surprise.
He leaped off the couch and slowly made his way to the door.
He grabbed the knob and pulled it open revealing the face of the mysterious knocker.
Eddie Thawne - Iris' s beautiful boyfriend. His short blonde hair messed, no longer neat as it was the last time he saw him.
"Have you seen her?" Eddie said with a look of panic on his face.
Barry was confused and could only presume he was referring to Iris.
"Iris? I haven't seen her since I, um..." Barry couldn't finish his sentence without feeling guilty.
There was a silence as Eddie pushed Barry out of the way and entered the house.
"Please, come in" Barry cut the silence by shutting the door behind Eddie.
He was wearing casual clothing instead of his usual police uniform.
"How long has she been missing?" Barry asked sitting back on the couch.
Eddie shrugged his shoulders and replied with "a couple hours maybe?".
"Calm down. Does Joe know?" Barry asked refering to Iris' s father and Eddie's partner in the police department.
"No, I can't look him in the eye right now. I told him I'd look after her. Always put her first" he said with a frustrated tone.
"Maybe I can help?" Barry regretted it as soon as he had said it.
"How?"
"I can ask Cisco and Caitlin at S.T.A.R Labs" even though Barry hadn't talked to them in weeks he knew it was the right thing to do.