Climbing Chances『🧼』

Sierra and Chloe. Such feminine names for both but meeting each other became something the universe would have unexpectedly given them. Attraction.

Sierra was very much of a feminine since birth. Chloe had girl crushes since 8th grade.

Sierra, who had started to like Chloe ever since she had laid her eyes on the girl. She always remembers their first encounter. Chemistry class, in the laboratory. Became group mates and the eye contact was sticky.

Almost with all the tension in the inside of Sierra when the latter is edged with the academic thoughts and most especially how she tried understanding what the teacher discusses.

Second encounter. On the bench when Chloe had no company. Sierra joined her and they had their snacks there.

Fourth until five months after, they've become good friends.

Sierra was quite nervous, actually, because she was planning to confess her feelings today. Well, maybe tonight. Right when after Chloe's baseball practice at 6 pm.

To soften the tense in her body, she played music on loud speakers. If that helps, though. Sierra stared at her reflection on the vanity mirror. Rose lips, loosened hair, and dress.

She is ready but her head isn't. It swirls in thoughts of what if's and what to's. The girl was silent and calm and a mess in the inside. Everything she prepared were on the bed. Taking a breathe in, she saunters to it and grab all of them into her bag.

The thumping twice of her heart doesn't cease. There she goes, in her unusual dress with a cap. Slowly, she walked around the hallways to the open field where varsity players occupy the space.

There weren't many of them left. She can count only now with her two hands the number of players there. Some went home as the practice ended five minutes ago.

Chloe, she was there standing all dried up.

"Hi!" Sierra called, with careful steps.

Chloe smiled and looked at the direction towards the owner of the voice, a slight baritone with a touch of sweetness.

"Sierra. Thank God!" Chloe embraced her tightly. She was cold despite the practice.

She sighs, "My boyfriend must be impatient now, waiting for me." She chuckles.

Sierra kept a gleeful face, adoring the person infront of her.

"You should hurry up," Sierra fondles Chloe's cheek that was fading in pink. And she thought it was because of the 17 degree weather.

Chloe must be the most precious, most beautiful girl in the eyes of her as she displayed a sweet grin. "Love you, bff."

Chloe squeezes her arm before she waves goodbye.

Turning around, Sierra's eyes were glassy, lips curved up with a hint of melancholy.

"Meet the love of your life." She whispers in the howling wind.

Sierra is yet to open the door to the acceptance stage, but for now, she wants to start and God knows when ot ends, in the grieving stage.

She stared at her pale palms, zeroing to the zooming out Chloe. Sierra discreetly placed a tri-folded paper with a message from her.

My Dear Chloe,

Come home anytime this weekend?
I always miss you.

Love, Sierra

I love you from the start.