Sketchboy『🌂』

In Chaye's head, attraction only works if her standards levels in with the person having an illusion on her.

Chaye is not the type to assume too soon. She guesses there's a difference about assuming later than what someone thought their gut feelings are true until they get to prove with a bucket of evidences.

She also doesn't think she's two-faced, but there are sudden realizations clamored that her intentions can be deadly when expectations and wants didn't happen.

It happen to make herself more comfortable rather than to hurt her pride. She won't let that happen again.

But for some reason, there's this boy.

Chaye didn't think of him as a potential lover of hers until November 1st.

It was 5 hours before going to the memorial park where Chaye's granparents' graves stood neatly.

She read a message from him that he wants to visit her once she gets there.

As a girl who is not close to him, of course Chaye was surprised to see that kind of message. He and Chaye apparently had few conversations online. That's when she started to think and be curious of his intentions.

I guess you have a lot of questions ever since that day of the sponsorship mass.

Whoa! Hold on.

That was so far the cheekiest line she has heard from a guy. That is, even if you say he did not mean it.

Don't even think about her short temperament when for once, after all, people can say emotions are valid and true and makes sense if you know someone wanted to take advantage.

Chaye scoffs, thinking how weird his message was. She wants to slap to his face how thick-faced he is to say that she is curious about his life?

Chaye typed in a reply.

oh, what.

Then her eyes flutter. This is a game mode on.

ah yes

i'll hotseat you later

That was the messages she purposefully sent. She can say that she doesn't want to see him yet. Some say it's surprising and too soon, and some can think that it doesn't matter. Love is not about timing.

I mean. Is there love? It's making me flinch.

Anyhow. Back to where we came from. 5 hours later, Chaye and her family are now in the memorial park. She and her family sat on the blanket mom brought for them. Her uncle and his family are already there and Chaye's dad's cousins and aunt.

She had this gut feeling that he and Chaye won't meet at all tonight.

Messenger needs data unless you've got free data which unfortunately Chaye doesn't acquire.

"A single word won't hurt." Chaye persuades her mom, tilting her head to the toddler having some tantrum behind them.

She kept glancing at the lightstick dangled upon her neck, not 100% sure it could be theirs from the TXT concert. But the stick resembles so much about it.

Chaye and her sister tell her that she has to ask the mother of the child if that lightstick is really theirs. 

Fiona, her sister, was fussed about it. Anything stealing about her idol merch would create smokey grills around her ears.

A part of Chaye is okay with it since it was just worth 2 dollars. Chaye would snatch that thing away if it was the official lightstick.

After a few more allowances on waiting for the kid's calmness, Chaye's mom made her way to the father of the kid (what Chaye thought) and she did what she must.

They witness how the man's face expresses an affirmation. Chaye looks at Fiona whose mood lightened.

She knew for some reason.

And on that night, Chaye figured she can't enjoy the evening without a stroll or something to buy. So, she invited Fiona to come with her.

Chaye bought takoyaki for herself and their mom. 

Chaye didn't try availing of internet data, so, she can't message nor see his replies. For once, and twice, Chaye thought they can't find one another tonight.

A small part of Chaye thought he will find her because she took a picture of her worn clothes tonight. Can he apparently search for her the entire evening? When the whole area is a vast space?

The vision of both of them never meant to be ever meeting this day has a sudden decline. Chaye never knew, going back from the takoyaki stall, she saw in her peripheral vision a tall stature--right before her.

A figure of a boy she knows. Chaye doesn't want to check or tell who it is so she disregarded it by looking on the opposite side. The two takoyaki boxes were fresh and hot against her hands.

Oh, God. Please no.

"Oh, hey!"

And that was when she knew he really is the one.

That night, it was still a blanket of confusion for Chaye to see and witness a barely close friend visit her and her family.

It gave her the flattering of heart. And she thought that was where it started to plummet on a deeper plunge of feelings between them.