One Sided 『🌗』

I feel my heart beating rapidly as I jog towards her, she is smiling as she talks with her friend. I've checked up on myself already. Hair gelled up, ironed my flannel, and sprayed my most expensive perfume.

Her friend saw me, which indicates her to excuse herself as she smile teasingly. I saw her gaze avert into mine. Those brown eyes that I would love to stare all day.

My smile widens. I spoke up, not trying to be obvious that I am overall shaking,
"Hi, here is it. Merry Christmas!" Handing my wrapped gift to her is the most embarrassing feeling. I ended up two hours just to pick the wrapper of this Christmas gift.

"Thanks" she told me as she smiles sheepishly.

I deeply sighed, then the next thing I hear is a notification ring. She looks at her phone and smiles. That's a different kind of smile. And types. "Alright, I better get going." She says, "thank you again, for the gift."

She turned her heels, her back facing my front. I see her screen. Their chat is colored peach, their emoji, heart. That broke my heart. I didn't know that. I saw the picture of him. I saw the nickname babe with three emojis. I saw her types than her types from our convo. I watch her skip happily as my heart shatters.