Too Late 『🎓』

I rush inside my car, knowing that I am running late for school. I am aiming for the perfect attendance, and there's still five minutes for me to catch up. My heart drums faster than I could ever imagine. "Mom!! I'm going!" I shout. I did not wait for her to respond as I start the ignition and speed off the driveway. Arriving there, I knew I was late. I resist the urge to shout my frustration out. My chest heaves up and down as I stride my way to the classroom. I see my classmate rushing to catch up with me. "Hey." She says, all smiles. I know that smile, it is being fond of being tardy already. If she'd knew it right now, I am worth pitying at.

Upon getting to the third floor, we see nothing but mere silence and tables and chairs unoccupied. My and my classmate exchanged confused glances, and so I turn on my phone and automatically, the Wi-Fi conjoined with my internet. One notification popped out.

Class president: Hi guys! Announcement: There will be no classes tomorrow until Wednesday.

Sent yesterday, 12:23 pm.

I don't know if I'll feel relief or annoyed. All I know is two things: I did not opened my Facebook account yesterday because I all I did was to sleep and sleep and make my performance tasks. The bright side is-- I did not miss the chance of losing the perfect attendance award.