The Snake King

- You -

After that personal discussion with Lloyd, I decided to turn in early for the night. I was sure that the ninja were successful in breaking up the serpentine before they could even unite. I knew my old friend taught them well, and yet, they still have a long way to go.

- Lloyd -

Within 2 hours or so, the ninja got back from their mission. Zane went to change out of his suit but the rest went back to the dinning room to finish their food. While they did that, I thought it was about time I do something nice and apologize for the pranks I pulled earlier today.

#~#~#~#

Geez...if I had known that it was gonna take 20 loads of bleach, I would've went easier on the pink dye. I brought Zane's suites up to the dinning room, ironed and folded neatly, and I could hear what they were saying though the door.

"You know, whether it was in a lesson book or not, we use the destructive power of rumors to our advantage," said Cole.

"And now the Serpentine are futher away than ever from getting their act together!" Kai added.

"I don't think we would've gotten out of there if it hadn't been for Zane," Jay credited towards him.

"Don't thank me. Thank Lloyd." He corrected, "if it hadn't been for his 'laundry skills,' we all would've been found."

I unknowingly smiled. It sounded like he was joking because of the convenience of his suit being pink but, it sounded genuine too. It felt nice being appreciated for once. I finally took the chance to walk in and present my apology.

"Well, it took me twenty loads, but your suits no longer pink. And to show that I'm sorry, Cole," I turned to the black ninja. "I got you a can of nuts."

He laughs all knowingly, "don't think I don't see what this is. When I open it, a bunch of snakes are gonna pop out, right? Yeah. No, thank you." He then goes to open the fridge, and just as I planned, giant rubber snakes jump out, scaring the heck out of him. He fell back with as we all laughed at him. Well, all except for one.

"Haha! Hey, I just realized," Jay spoke up, "where's (name)?"

"Oh, she went to bed early," I answered.

"Aw, that's too bad. She's missing out on all the fun." Nya pitied.

She's not wrong. The old pop-up snake gag would've made (name) wheeze from laughter. One the other hand, maybe she's just feeling really tired after today. She deserves a good night's rest, at least.

- You -

I laid in my bed. Tossing and turning. My teeth grinding against each other. I could hear my hear pounding louder in my head. I felt trapped...trapped by own memories..

It's always him who gets the praise...others just hate me...

"She made that thing? Ugh, of course she did."

Why must I be the one to make all the bad things in the world?...

"Wow, *****! Now, that's the work of a God! It's beautiful."

A God?...A God of what, Light?..and Life?...Then what does that make me?

"Your job is to make horrible monsters and poison life. Nothing more....You're nothing like your brother. And you never will be."

A God of Darkness...and Death..

"IT ISN'T FAIR!"

I could never be good enough for you, compared to Him...