A Tale Not Fully Told [⚠️FILLER⚠️]

- You -

The boys and I had just made it back home to the Bounty. We were all proud that Zane had found inner peace, his true potential. This was something to celebrate! When we entered the dining room to prepare dinner, we found Nya sitting at the table. She was staring intensely at an open book in front of her, almost depressed.

Kai, being the older brother he was, was the first to address it. "Nya, is everything okay?"

His sister lifted her head to meet his eyes, but then shifted to mine. Within, I could sense a feeling of death. Not hers, but as if she had witnessed it happen to someone else. Turning the book around, Nya pushed it forward to me and I was confused for a moment. Then, I read it's contents and my hand clasps my mouth as fast as I let out a gasp. N-no...it couldn't be. When did she-?

"Nya, t-t-tell me.." I breathed out, loud enough for everyone to hear. My voice was trembling along with my nerves, but I had to ask, "..where did you f-find this?"

The room filled itself with suspension. Nya was quiet and everyone, especially me, was desperate to hear her answer.

"In Sensei's room."

Now, it was the ninja's turn to gasp. As they began to scold her about going through their master's belongings, I just stood there silent. Of course, I would scold her too, but that wasn't the point. The boys didn't realize it, yet.

"I guess curiosity got the better of you, didn't it?" I asked again, putting a stop to the boys' ramblings.

Nya nodded her head. "After you all left, the store owner came back out looking for you," she referred to me, pulling out a missing persons page. "And he showed me this."

The ninja leaned closer to the table and saw my photo. They uttered words of confusion and disbelief, which I couldn't blame them for. The quartet turned their heads to me, staring at me as if I had become a stranger again.

"(Name)... you're a missing child?" Zane asked the popular question.

"That's not all she is," Nya corrected, while looking at me dead in the eyes, "Do you want to tell them, or should I?"

Kai stepped up, "(name), who are you really?"

I was glaring at the floor. The pressure felt suffocating as I shallowed a lump in my throat. Looking at the book again, I picked it up and read through it again. The things Wu wrote felt so nostalgic, but saddening. This was recorded history in the pages of a young teacher, a soldier, and, most of all, a spinjitzu master. A master who was still experiencing life. Walking through trails and errors to end up becoming the wise man we knew today. And I was a part of it.

Brushing my small fingers against the journal's old pages, I smiled with requiem. "I was going to wait until we got Lloyd back, but I knew one of you would find out sooner or later. The rest of you might wanna sit down." And so, they did. I sighed as I was about to tell these people my long and complicated story, but not all of it.

"My name is (Name), otherwise known as, Beila Conta Shin-E, the Goddess of Darkness. However, I am now a demigod who was stripped of my godhood and is cursed to be reincarnated after every death I take here on earth." The boys looked more confused than ever but, there was no other way I could put it. "Many, many years ago, I used to be the Mother of Monsters and Evils when I was generally the opposite in personality. And my brother, Reniko, or as you humans called him, Holum Dahn Shin-E, the God of Light. Father of Life and Goodness. I hated my internal life the way that it was, wishing I could be more like him. Creating pure and beautiful creatures whilst I  was conjuring toxic beings to destroy it all."