5. shopping

BUZZ
BUZZ
BUZZ
BUZZZ
BUZZZZZ

You wake up, head pounding from the lack of sleep. Apparently, The tower has it's own alarm. You look to your bedside table and notice it's 6:42 am. 'gosh we have to run now,' you say to yourself, recalling what Steve said yesterday.

The door to your room swings open, a Steve dressed in track pants and a loose shirt standing at the frame.

"come on kid, we gotta get you up." He calls.

"ok ok coming." You reply and get off your bed and make your way to the bathroom for a shower.

The water is wonderfully warm. You quickly dry yourself and realise you don't have any clothes to go jogging, that's when you get out of the shower and see a shirt and jogging pants on uoir unmade bed. You smile, thinking of Steve and put them on.

You meet him outside on the ground floor and check your watch to see it's 6:53 am.

"I was starting to think you fell asleep." He smirks to himself.

Another man comes up to us. He's dark skinned and is around 5' 10". His hair is almost all shaved and his beard is trimmed into a neat cut.

"Oi? Y'all ain't waiting for me?" He looks to Steve with a playful but subtly irritated smile.

"Come on Wilson." Steve smiles and opens the door for you.

The track ahead of you is more like a park route. You run for about half an hour, completing 3 rounds of around 1.5 miles. You let your legs collapse infront of Steve who just chuckles and continues on. It was the super serum that made him more athletic.

Finally Steve let's you go indoors to go eat.

You break down on the couch, still exhausted from the running. Natasha brings your a plate of pancakes, which you happily accept.

"tired huh?" she smirks.

"how do those mother fuckers run that much?" You question, now trying to sit upright to eat the delicious smelling pancakes.

"Eh.. Steve just runs to spite Sam. And that's why I don't run with them." She tells you, while you dig into your first pancake. Unlike last night's dinner, the pancakes are well cooked and sweet. You compliment her cooking and she gives you a sweet smile.

"hurry up you, Loki and Thor need to get new clothing and we also need to get groceries." she says while getting up from the couch and sets off towards the kitchen.

You finish up with my breakfast and go upstairs to greet Wanda. She was still asleep when you got to her room, but you didn't know that. So you stupidly knock on her door.

"Wanda? it's me. Y/n? Are you awake and can I come in?" You call to her from the door. No answer. You go in to check on her and

"GAHHHHH!" You howl.

You are thrown out of her room by a pillow combined with her magic into the hall and the door slams shut.

"Unless you are okay with being murdered, I wouldn't recommend talking to my sister before 10am. She's grumpy in the mornings and bonus factor, she's on her cycle." A blonde man with a thick accent tells you while passing the corridor. He looks a lot like Wanda, and he did say that's she's his sister. So you guess that makes them siblings.

You head to Nat's room to ask her for something decent to wear while going shopping, since Wanda is... not to be disturbed.

Nat gives you a plain pink shirt with black jeans, which are surprisingly fitting and your ass looks great in them. You make your way to the living room and join a white man with stubble and a metal arm, Loki, and Thor, still in armour. How could they sleep in metal and leather without it being uncomfortable? That mystery will always remain unsolved.

Tony hands Nat his card and she takes it with a nod and a polite 'thanks'.

We get into a car and she drives us to a 'Brookfield Place'.

"Come on, honey" Nat calls to me, stepping out of the car.

"Bucky, take Thor and Loki and we'll meet up here in 1 hour. if anything happens, you know I'll be there." Nat informs the man with the stubble, who's name you now have comprehended to be Bucky.

Bucky nods and calls after the two boys, followed by them running upto Bucky. Thor gives you a shy smile and waves while running into the opposite direction you and Nat go.

You pick out some really good stuff and Nat gives you an approving look to most of the items. You proceed to get some eyeliner and lip balm, as a woman needs her essentials to look like a killer.

You realised how unstressed you are being kidnapped by the Avengers but if you're getting free clothes, it's not the worst decision you've made.

You finish up and head to the counter. Bucky, Thor and Loki come up a few minutes later. Nat pays for your stuff and you all leave.

Your next stop is at Walmart. Nat splits into teams again. Me and Loki with Bucky and Thor with Nat. She also splits up the list, your list had the veggies, fruit and frozen foods, while Nat's list had cereals, bread and sauces.

You walk down aisles, Bucky picking up whatever and dropping it in the cart. Loki looked really surprised at the freezers. Were there freezers on Asgard?

"No, I think not. Is the purpose of these 'freezers' to keep the food cold?" Loki's voice startles you.

You totally forgot that this dumb bitch can read minds, and you forgot to block him. How wonderful.

"These big boxes are freezers and yes, their purpose is to keep food frozen, so they don't rot. How do you preserve food on Asgard?"

"We just get fresh meat and food, we have no use of these boxes of ice."

"So does that mean you have never tried icecream?"

"no."

"no wonder you're so bitter."

You reply to him in your head through my telepathy, Bucky unaware of your silent conversation.

You all make your way to the counter, and see Nat and Thor already there. You look through what they brought and notice there isn't any ramen or yogurt. You sprint towards the noodles aisle with Nat right at your heels, thinking you're making a run for it. She's chuckles when she sees me grabbing 5 packets of instant noodles and helps me hold a few.

"If you wanted ramen might as well have told me." She smirks. God you love this woman.

They pay for the rest of the items and take the bags to the car, dumping them in the trunk.

Arriving at the facility, you realised you hadn't introduced yourself to Bucky, you meant we knew each others names, but you always need to know more. They head inside with your bags and while in the kitchen you hold your hand out to bucky, who shakes it politely.

"Bucky." he says with a smile

"Y/n. I like your arm." You tell him. The metal arm was really cool, and who knows what it could do.

You wondered how he got his arm, so you decided to look through his memories. You see pain, torture, torment, suffering, agony and persecution. You drop to the floor, letting your legs collapse.

"Y/n? Are you okay?", His voice laced with concern.

"yes I.. I just... I'm sorry." You blurt out.

"why are you apologizing?"

"I'm sorry, I was wondering about your arm, so I decided to go through your memories, and... I'm sorry."

He just stares at you, appalled at what you just said.

this was the longest chapter I've written lmao it has 1290 words, excluding this note. have a good time everyone. i feel like writing rn so imma start working on the next chapter when i publish this dbshsisjsb
also special thanks to Elena_Stars for giving me a bucky back story idea byee <3