28. three words

Days passed quite nicely, today was the night before the wedding and Pepper and Tony were separated by tradition. It was around 1 am and you were trying to get him to wash his hair as it was greasy as ever. Honestly, you didn't even know how it got that greasy. And he washed it two days ago!

"Loki! Get back here!"

"No! I'm not going to go shower again!"

"Wash your stinky hair!"

"Never!"

He made a fuss like a 3-year-old. Jumping around and running behind furniture. How he hated washing his hair!

"Wash!"

"No!"

You had to find some way to get him to wash it. You were not going to a wedding with Loki looking like a greasy horse.

"What will it take for you to go wash your hair?" You shout from the other end of the bed.

"I'll go if you let me fuck you in the ass." He joked, knowing you wouldn't agree to it.

"Well so be it. But make it good!" you shout, unbuttoning your shirt.

Loki's eyes widened as he watched you start to pull down your pants.

"I was bluffing." his blank expression having a hint of a smirk, "I'll go wash, but you clean my hair."

Stomping like a child, you follow Loki to the bathroom. Turning on the tap, you make him sit in the tub.

"Come on now! We need to sleep as well!" you laugh, Loki rolling his eyes as he sits in the warm water. Dumping an insane amount of shampoo on his head, you kiss the back of his neck and wash his hair, as he summons a rubber duck and toy boat to play with. Maybe he was a little child trapped in the body of a 1050-year-old god.

Somehow the sight of him so happy, made your heart skip one too many beats. Any doctor would be sending you to the hospital if they felt your heart rate. You loved how he was so innocent, so childish. It was something so beautiful, so magical and miraculous. He told you about how he was treated indifferently at his home kingdom, and how his only true pleasures were from his mother, Thor at times, and books. His love for reading had evolved from being stuck at the palace for too long. He wanted adventure, and not being allowed beyond the castle walls till he was 150 made that idea seem like a dream. Even when he was allowed outside and even to other kingdoms, he found he preferred books more.

People were more interested in Thor, given that he was the more muscular one. The people that spent time with Loki, only did so to get to Thor. It made Loki feel unwanted, even his father treated him as an outsider. His mother was the only one who truly loved him. As he was. She treated him as one of her own. He was her own. Until she passed. Odin didn't allow Loki to even attend her funeral, only informing him of her death hours past the ritual. Now he was happy. You were happy.

Happy together.

Washing out the conditioners from Loki's hair with clean water, you tugged roughly with a towel, drying his curly black locks as much as possible before moving on to the hairdryer.

"Ah!" He groaned, wincing from both pain and.... pleasure?

"Stop being so horny! Gosh! Your cock is standing up straight in the air." You sighed flustered. "Come on, now! Let's get to bed."

As Loki dried himself, you slipped into the covers, naked and comfortable. Loki didn't bother putting on any clothes either, joining you in the blankets, bare as well. Both of you, holding each other in the comfiest way. Legs tangled, your face just below his and pressed into his collarbone, and your hair scent filling his lungs. You switched off the bulbs, making moonshine from the curtains the only source of light. The glow shined across their face, making them the most beautiful thing you had ever seen. Their eyes, their lips, their nose, the way their damp hair curled around the hairline, perfectly framing their face. The way his cheekbones lay just at the right height, and their jaw ran smooth. They were family. Your family.

"Good night Princess," Loki sighed contentedly, pulling you closer into his arms as if letting go would mean losing you forever.

"Good night Loki, I love you,"

"what?"

"Shit," you whisper

Three words. That's all it takes. To either break or build relationships. Too soon? Too late? Maybe not the right time? You didn't know. Three words that just slipped out before you could even think about it. Your throat ran dry, eyes wide open now. Loki tensed so much upon those three syllables, making your heart race even faster. Your breathing became even more rapid, thoughts racing back to the time when you told your parents you loved them, and they kicked you out, didn't care about you anymore, left you to be the weirdo you are. Surely, Loki didn't feel the same. He'd probably leave you too.

Pulling apart from you to meet your face, Loki looked you in the eye, pupils now between dilated and constricted. His pale face and concerned expression shone brilliantly in the moonlight. Maybe you did mean what you said. Maybe you did love him-

"Y-you regret it, don't you? Saying you...?" He asked, as though his ears deceived him. You were unable to say anything, probably from your dry throat. He didn't love you back, did he? Why would he? His eyes flooded with tears, of happiness or sadness, you didn't know. He pulled you close to him. Holding on to you with every fibre of his being. Pulling away from his torso, you had to know.

"If it means losing you, then yes" You responded softly, heart thumping loudly.

"You won't lose me," He whispered, looking into your eyes. Another three words. These three words leave you with confusion. "I just.. don't know.... I don't know... what I'm feeling.. or how to react... but you won't ever, lose me." He spoke, eyes welled up with tears. Pulling you to his chest again, holding you lovingly. Maybe this was his way of saying he loves you too? But he did say he's confused of his feelings, so you didn't get your hopes up. Instead, you cuddled him, letting yourself drift off to sleep.

hi lol, sorry for a late chapter, i just wanted to get the plotline right, I'll try updating more sooner!

- nino :)