Act 18: "First Blood"

1836 words
---------------------------------------------------------------

|21:01 pm|
-Yeah,we do. I'm covering the registration plates,Takumi-kun.
-Great. This way we will have our identities covered. You're doing the talking,Sayuki-chan. Tell him we want a downhill race. They choose the position. Okay?
-Alright. Don't forget the mempō, Takumi-kun,my dear.
Sayuki and Takumi do everything to cover their personalities. Takumi parks in the middle of the road,with his lights on.
-What car do you think it'll be,Takumi-kun?
-I can hear a RB26DETT. It's definitely a Nissan.
-I hope it isn't Nakazato! said Sayuki with a short laugh.
-Hah,well I don't mind whoever it is.
-Do I look scary with this mask,Takumi-kun?
-A bit. You look sexier than scarier to me,tho.Maybe we will intimidate our opponents.
-Oh,you bold moron! Wasn't this the purpose of it after all? Tell me more about how I look after we get home,Takumi-kun. Focus now.
-Yep. Look,the car is coming! Don't forget to tell them a fake name!
-Of course I won't.. Is Sakura Tamiya good?
-Yes. Whatever name,because it'll be different on every race.
-So since it's not a real name,could I also say Sayuki Fujiwara? I frankly like how it sounds,said Sayuki while winking.
-It does sound good but don't use it.
The opponent arrives. It's a white Nissan GT-R R33
-Go,Sayuki. Put the helmet on.
Sayuki walks to the Nissan. She knocks on the driver window. The driver has a strange look in his face. He is concerned about what's going on.
-Helloooo,lower the window please.
-Who are you?! What the hell do you want?
-I'm Sakura Tamiya. Wha's your name? Do you want a downhill race on this pass?
-I can't say no...Why are you wearing the Samurai helmet?
-You haven't answered my first question so I can't answer to yours.
-I-I'm Seiji Matsui.
-Do you want to start in front or behind?
-In front..
-Oh,and I'm wearing the helmet because I got some nasty face burns and I promise you don't want to see them. Anyway,let's go back on the top. Oh. And tough luck for you.
-Tough luck?! The hell do you mean?
Sayuki leaves the Nissan,entering the Soarer.
-Let's go. Leave some space for him to turn. Do you think we can win against him,Takumi-kun?
-We can. It's heavier but it depends on the driver's qualities.
-Well,Matsumoto tuned our Soarer very well,right?
-Yeah. Oh. Sayuki-chan?
-Yes?
-Do you mind if I scratch the front bumper a bit?
-No? Why? What will you do?
-You'll see.
The R33 and the Soarer go back up. Sayuki explains the start to the opponent. On the 3rd horn ,they start.
-I'll take it easy,Sayuki. I don't think our opponent would expect this trap.
-Now I'm really curious..But let's go!
The race starts. Takumi is being serious for the first time in this car. His opponent,the GT-R R33 has a quite impressive start. Takumi doesn't plan to overtake him yet. Sayuki gives perfect calls for every corner Takumi enters.
-This opponent isn't that dangerous,is he?
-Just a bit. It's a GT-R after all,but I'm confident we can win easily. I'm not going in front because I want to give him a chance.
They keep on going downhill,with Takumi doing very fine gutter runs as he had a bad experience with them last time he raced here.
But the location is here! Takumi observes and gives a warning to Sayuki.
-Hold tight! This GT-R left us much space to do it!
-What are you doin-TAKUMI!!
He proceeds to do the exact same trick Toshiya Joshima pulled on him.
-Wh-what?! He was on my tail the whole time and now he insults me with this! Oh,you'll regret that! said Seiji,his opponent furiously.
He tries to block Takumi from passing him,with the cost of his rear fender.
-I won't use the red button. It's not worth it,said Takumi before braking to enter a corner. I'll do the classical trick instead.
-Do it! No cars coming in front! But be careful because I see consecutive corners!Sayuki warns.
Takumi just blasts away with his "Fujiwara zone" thing. His opponent's R33 tries to do the same,but it's not as fast even if he has a 4WD.
Takumi drifts into the corners as he would be walking into them.
-Sayuki,we'll completely disappear. Prepare for another thing.
-Oh boy..Sayuki says with her eyes filled with anxiety.
-The hell is he doing?! He's spinning out! I can overtake him because of his terrible mistake-
Takumi actually did a provoked spin out,to insult his opponent even more. As he did this trick he can now do a reverse entry.
-You're crazy,Takumi. Really crazy. Doing this on a mountain pass?! I thought you hated show offs!
-Don't worry. If it works efficiently,I don't consider it so much of a show off.
-Wait,Takumi! I can see a car light in front! It's approximately 300m away. Have that in your calculations.
-Thank you,my dear navigator. I love your precise approximations.
Takumi drives normally while he passes next to the car coming in front.
-Let's blast away,just like a rocket. This fella can't do anything eye catching. Takumi starts entering corners with higher speed,leaving the Nissan far behind.
-Who are these people?! They are really strange...Driving like amateurs then transforming into a extremely fast driver. Where are they from? I couldn't see their registration plates...said Seiji.
-And there's the finish line! said Sayuki happy. This was boring honestly. That guy didn't even compete. What was wrong with him? Did he get his morale so low?
-I don't know,Sayu. How should we celebrate this first win?
-Ask Iketani If he is planning to take Mako out this evening and we'll do a double date and have fun! Does that sound good?asks Sayuki happy.
-Sayuki,my girl. I don't think so..Mako seems not so interested in Iketani after he was late. Maybe they need privacy.
-You're kinda right about that...
-Just let them be. It's not the end of the world if they are togheter or not.
-Yeah...anyway,the Skyline guy just came. Ha!
Seiji parks by. He wants to ask a few questions.
-Who the hell are you people? Where are you from?
Takumi and Sayuki stare at him without saying anything,with their helmets on. Takumi's girlfriend does her gun finger signature move before leaving the scene with Takumi.
-*Pew pew*! Get faster. Your car is too good for you!
-That was really strange...Creepy..I have to tell my friends about this.
|21:35 pm|
-Takumi-kun,can I ask you something? And please don't get it wrong..
-Sure. I won't.
-Isn't it weird,how we got togheter so fast? We've barely talked but still you were interested in me,said Sayuki while sitting on the Soarer's hood.
-Yes,it is weird..But here we are now.
-Can I tell you something,Takumi?
-Of course you can,but why are you sad? You don't seem yourself..
-It's because I feel like I forced you in this relationship and forced you do to that..,answers Sayuki with sadness in her voice. Did you really want this?
-Ugh....Sayuki-chan. You clearly don't hear yourself.
-I don't know,Takumi..I thought you asked me to be yours so I wouldn't be upset back in the hospital,but it grew too much..
-Just...Get in the car. We're going to have a nice dinner. Is that okay with you?
-No. Tell me,why did you really want me? Was it only because you wanted a navigator?
-Clearly no,Sayuki...It's just because...
-Because?!
-'Cause I love you. I wouldn't have made promises to you if I'd use you to be my navigator for this thing. In fact this navigator thing wasn't even essential. I was thinking about it to become closer to you so I'd have a proper chance with you.
Sayuki doesn't say anything. She is unsure about everything.
-Sayuki,look in my eyes. Do you really think I don't even care about a future with you?
She still doesn't say anything.
-Why are you silent,Sayuki-chan?
She just goes into the purple Soarer's passenger seat.
"Tsk tsk tsk...Oh lord,this is surely a crisis. Why does she think like that?Takumi asks himself." He then goes into the driver seat.
-My self esteem and confidence were always so loud to hide my true feelings. I was always insecure. They used me and left me with my eyes staring at the sun..I'm really sorry,Takumi-kun..It's..weird. I didn't really mean to question our relationship..I..just..
Takumi leans to her and hugs her.
-It's..okay,Sayuki,he says while running his finger on her soft,rose lips,and with his other hand running it through her soft hair.
-T-Takumi-kun?she asks with her pretty big,shiny eyes.
He grabs her neck softly with one hand,and puts his other hand on the back of her head,giving her a good,honest kiss.
-Mwwhh-ah~...Sayuki moans with his tongue in her mouth. She really is in love..In love and also having a breakdown at the same moment.
He can feel her tears dropping on his shoulder. It's a silent moment. They quietly hug and she quietly cries.
-Here. Drink some water,Sayu. Refresh yourself a bit.
-T-thank you..said Sayuki while accepting the cup of water. She drinks it and Takumi wipes her tears.
-It was..out of character for me.
-I don't care. Do you still want to have dinner with me at a restaurant?
-Y-yes. I do.
-Very well. I'll pay for everything. You're worth it,said Takumi while starting the car's engine.
-Am I?
-Of course. Now,look at me. I promise you.
-You promise what?
-I promise I won't let go your right hand in this car,so,can you give it to me? I have to put it in gear so we go have dinner.
Sayuki gives him her hand. They now hold hands.
-I'm sorry for how I behaved earlier. You don't deserve those questions.
-It's okay,Sayuki. I don't mind. I only care that we're in love,having probably the first ever racing couple that tries creating a legend.
-You're way too cute,Takumi. Can we go?
-Yep. By the way,will you drink this time?
-Ummm,no? I'm not an alcoholic. What did you mean by this question?
-Just asked. Oh,and your phone is ringing.
-Right. I'll answer it..Mako. Hm.
-Sayuki!!
-Heya Mako!! What's poppin'?
-I need help!! I think there is someone in my house. Call the police! I have to close the call! They're comi-
Mako hangs up.
-Takumi,we have to spoil our date.

The end of act 18