Act 1: " Back to old business"

1356 words
--------------------------------------------------------------

*Deep silence*
-Wake up,Takumi! said Bunta.You have to make the morning deliveries!
*Yawn*
-Yes,dad.I'm waking up. said a sleepy Takumi

  *And as he got out of bed and,after to wash his face with cold water he looks into his mirror.*

~So this is my story,and it happened in just one year... I can't believe how I've went from a tofu delivery boy to a street racer who never lost a race,and back to a tofu delivery boy,thought Takumi.I can't complain,I've had lots of fun.....~
-Takumi,are you coming?called Bunta
-Yeah,I'm coming in a minute!answered Takumi
  *As Bunta fills the water cup,Takumi spaces out in his dad's Impreza. He has a feeling of nostalgia.He probably misses summer of last year,when everything was very simple.*
-Here,Takumi,said Bunta while giving his son the cup of water.
-Thanks dad,said the boy.
*The middle aged man lights a cigarette,as usual.He looks to the moon,and then to his Subaru.*
-Go on,kid.I want to talk something to you after you come back.
-Alright.I'm leaving.See you in a bit, said the young man before starting the delivery
*Bunta closes his eyes and takes a deep breath.Perhaps he prepares his words for his son.*
~He's had the evolution that I've wanted him to,but something isn't right.There's a weird thing about this kid, said Bunta while smoking his cigarette.And I think I might know what it is.~
  As Fujiwara delivers the tofu in perfect conditions as usual,he stops to the gas station.
  Itsuki sees him immediately and tells Iketani.
-Takuuuumiii!!! screams in happiness his old friend
   *Iketani walks to the blue Impreza*
-Hey,Takumi!What's up? asks his other friend
-Nothing much..Just the regular business,said a bored Takumi.
-Heeey ,Takumi-San! said Itsuki. I've got to give you something!
-What is it,Itsuki?
-It's this person's number.To be more certain it was a she! She looks familiar but I don't know if I've seen her before.
-Oh,r-really?Now you've made me curious. said Takumi
-Oh,and she came in a Toyota Soarer.It looked very pretty. added Iketani
-A Toyota Soarer? wonders Takumi
-Yes,my friend!It was a beautiful purple Soarer.Anyway,she said she wants you to call her! So I suggest you do it in your free time!
-I guess I will,then.
-By the way,Takumi.There's something you won't believe.
-What is it,Itsuki?
-Well,I don't know if I should tell you yet..Should I, Iketani-sempai?
-Go on.There's nothing that could happen wrong.
-Just tell me,Itsuki.It won't be such a deal,I guess.
-You see,a way or another,Natsuki contacted me and said she'll come back home for 3 weeks and said she really wants to see you.
-Oh.
-You don't care at all?Takumi-San,didn't you have a thing with her,why aren't you bothered at all?
-Uhh, why should I?She's just a friend now,really,and that's all.
-Itsuki,please quit this,said Iketani irritated.
-What do you mean?asks Itsuki confused
-Quit talking about girls all the time.Life isn't just about that.We'll find our predestined one and that's it.
-Y-you're right..I shouldn't always think about that..
-Look ,guys.You have customers.Text me if you want to meet this evening and have a talk like boys.I'm leaving.Good luck!said Takumi while opening the door of his Impreza.
-Okay!See you,Takumi!
~Jeez,so Natsuki is coming back?Hmh.Nothing I can do about it.Bet she will be surprised if she will see Mika.I should call her to see if she's okay,now that I've thought about her.~
He downshifts,and overtakes a truck,feeling the torque of his Subaru.
On his way home,Takumi received a call.He parks and answers as he doesn't want to talk on his phone while driving.
-Hey,Takumi-kun! said Mika
-Oh,hi Mika.What's up?I was thinking to call you.
-Well,I've got bad news..
*pause*
-W-w-what do you mean,Mika?
-I-i-i I can't....Can you come pick me up later?I want to talk about it in person.
-Woah Mika,is it that bad?You're scaring me a bit..
-I- just please pick me up at 4:30pm please.
-O-okay then.I hope it isn't something very bad.
-We'll talk,Takumi-Kun...Bye!Don't forget,4:30pm.
-Yeah,I've got it.See you then,Mika.Bye!
Mika Hangs up
~What's going on..?This is weird,but I don't have a good feeling about it at all.I hope my intuition is wrong. says Takumi to himself~
After the call,Takumi drives back home.He parks his dad's Subaru,stops the car, pulls the handbrake, shifts into neutral,and turns the lights off.
-I'm back,dad!announces Takumi
-Good job,kiddo,says his dad in return
Right before he goes upstairs, his dad calls him:
-Son,came you come here for a minute?
-What is it now,Dad?
-I've wanted to ask you a thing.
-And that is?
-You've surely cleared corners easily,but see your opponents falling back a lot in the moment, right?
-Yeah,how do you know?
-Well of course I wouldn't known if I wouldn't have done that.How do you feel when doing it?
-It's nothing special,feels just like the rest of the race.
-Does it?Well then,go on and do it in the Impreza in the next delivery.
-Okay,I'll try.What's so special about it?
-No point in asking me.You'll see.
Takumi goes In his room,and wonders about the possible thing Mika has to tell.He might have completely forgot about the mysterious Toyota Soarer girl.As time flew by while Takumi thought about Mika and what she had to say,Takumi has to go pick her up.
-Hey,dad,can I borrow the Subaru for like 4 hours?
-Hm?Sure.Just remember,don't scratch it. says Bunta while tossing the car's key
-Thanks,dad.See you soon
Takumi leaves the house and rapidly goes to pick up his girlfriend.
~Hm,this is weird.For 4 hours and he leaves quickly.What is he up to now?~
Takumi is nervous about what she had to say.What even is so bad?What could happen?He should find out in a bit,after he picks her up.
~I'm almost there,this is putting a lot of tension on me...I hope she wo- ~
And a thought strikes Takumi,a street before picking her up.It couldn't possibly be..
-Hey Takumi-Kun!You've arrived just in time!
-Yeah,think I did.Hop in.
-Sooo first of all,can we please go to the beach the two of us first went?
-Of course I can,but what's the meaning of it?
-I can't tell you until we get there!In fact,you'll get to know my news soon,but not in the car.
-Okay ,okay.Tell me about your day then.
-Ohh it wasn't too exciting.Just the usual golf training.How about you,Takumi-kun?
-Nothing exciting either.The old every day business.
-I see..Well,can I turn on the stereo?
-Yeah,of course.You can do it without asking.
They talk about other several things,enjoy the songs on the stereo and finally arrive at the beach.
-We're here,Mi-
She has fallen asleep in no time.Takumi is surprised by that.
~Looks like she's fallen asleep.My God,she is so cute when she sleeps,I want to keep admiring her..,I'll come closer to her and look at her pretty fa-~
-BOO!
Takumi is confused,she wasn't asleep?
-Mika,what was that?
-Ahahaa,did I scare you? Did I? Did I?
-Uh,let's say just a bit.
-I saw you taking a close look at me,Takumi-Kun!You were so cute when doing that honestly..I wish I could turn things around and not do what I have to tell you about..
-So what is it?I've been wondering ever since you've called me about it.
-I've told you about my dream,didn't I Takumi?
-Yea,you want to go pro in golf.
-Yep..So the thing is that..I-..I-...I..
*Mika bursts out crying uncontrollably*
          End of Act. 1