01 - Bad Memories

Bold Italics - Herrscher of Illusion

Bold - Herrscher of Illusion & Yume

Italics - Thoughts

[Murasaki Yume POV]

"Hey! Yume!! Are you awake??" A familiar voice asked. I slowly opened my eyes to see someone that looked quite familiar. Have I seen this person before? It took me a second to realize that it was none other than Kiana Kaslana. I looked around the room, seeing another familiar face next to Kiana. "Mei? Kiana? What happened to me?" I asked, trying to sit up, but it was a failed attempt. "You passed out in the dorms earlier. It had something to do with the Gem of Desire." Mei said, placing her hand on my forehead. Her hand was warm, just as I expected. "Gem of Desire? Must be another Herrscher..." I mumbled the last bit of my statement. "Yume!!! Aunt Teri is worried about you!" Kiana exclaimed. "Oh- I should've known... I shouldn't have let her take over..." I muttered under my breath.

"Her? Who are you talking about?" Both Kiana and Mei asked me in unison. "No one... It's nothing important, don't worry about it." I said, trying my best to keep my guard up as my eyes flashed a bright gray. Both Kiana and Mei seemed to notice the change in my eye color. "I know you're both Herrschers... Don't try to deny it." That wasn't me. That was the Herrscher of Illusion taking over my body.

《Hours later at the St. Freya dorms》

Mei and Kiana kept glancing toward me. I tilted my head to the left a little in confusion. Did I do something? I wondered, but kept the thought to myself. How much longer was the Herrscher of Illusion going to take control of me? Bronya tapped my shoulder. She seemed to notice that something was wrong with me. "The Bronya sees that something is wrong with Subject Yume." The girl said. "Ah- No, nothing's wrong... I'm alright, Bronya." I lied as my eyes flashed a light gray. I shut my eyes tightly, placing my hands on the sides of my head. "No! I'm not letting this happen!" I yelled out of the blue. Everyone turned toward me with confused expressions on their faces. "Yume? Is everything alright?" Fu Hua asked, walking over to me, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Everyone I cared about perished before me! I can't let it happen again!" Tears filled my eyes as I spoke. I accepted defeat as I fell to the ground, unconscious once again.