07 - Secret

Bold Italics - Herrscher of Illusion
Bold - Herrscher of Illusion & Yume
Italics - Thoughts
Underlined Italics - Herrscher of Eternity
Underlined - Herrscher of Eternity & Yume

[Murasaki Yume POV]
"You aren't hiding anything from me, right?" [Y/N] asked, cupping my face in their hands. "No. I'm not hiding anything, Captain." I denied, my mind going blank for a second. "You sure about that?" Captain seemed to know something, but what? "Let go of my face, please..." I said, my face reddening a little. [Y/N] let go of my face as I glared at them. "What's that look for?" They asked. "You're still cute as always, Yume."
"I am not!" I denied, my eyes flashing a light gray. "Aw, but you are cute!" Captain smiled sweetly, which made me blush a little. "E-Eh!? Shut up, Captain!" I exclaimed as [Y/N] cupped my face in their hands again. "Trying to deny the fact that you're adorable? How cute." I gave the Captain a look that said to "stop messing around." I watched as [Y/N] smiled, letting go of my face. I groaned, my eyes flashing a dark blue. "Well? Are you done messing with me now, Captain?" I asked coldly. "I don't know. Am I?" Captain smiled warmly at me as I just stared blankly at them. My eyes reverted back to purple as I shook my head. "Ugh...Did something happen or what?" I asked in pure confusion. "Well..." [Y/N] began to explain what happened a little while ago.

《After you were done explaining to Yume what happened...》

"Oh. So my eyes changed colors. That happens randomly, like..." My voice trailed off, one my eyes flashing a light gray. "...This. See?" I pointed to my eyes with a small smile. "Yume, something's off. I thought both of your eyes would change colors, not just one..." Captain stared at me. "Eh? Whaddya mean?" I asked. "Look." [Y/N] pulled a mirror out of nowhere and handed it to me. "Eh!? That's odd. My host must've had an issue with her Herrscher powers..." I muttered under my breath as my grip on the mirror got tighter, my gaze so sharp that I could see the smallest crack in the glass. "Dammit." I continued to mumble curses under my breath as I moved the mirror away from my face. "Well, I might have to give you a nickname. Illusion Drifter." Captain said with a smile, which made me avert my eyes away from them. My eye reverted back to purple as I handed the mirror back to Captain. "I need to be alone for a while." I said, beginning to walk away from [Y/N].

[Reader POV]

I set the mirror I was holding on a table before I lightly grabbed Yume's wrist, pulling her close to me. "You aren't going anywhere until you tell me what's going on." I said as Yume tried to pull away from me. "Captain! I said I needed to be alone, did I not?" Yume asked, raising her voice a little. I slowly backed Yume into a corner, trapping her so she couldn't go anywhere. "What's gotten into you? I said I need to—"
"Tell me what's wrong. Please. I want to help you." I said as I stared into the girl's eyes. "Captain. There's nothing wrong with me! I'm fine!" She raised her voice again. Yume somehow managed to get her wrist out of my grasp before she began walking to her room. "I don't need help, I'm fine." She said coldly, slamming the door of her room.

[Murasaki Yume POV]

"Stupid, stupid, stupid! I should've never came here! I'm such a...fool. I'm an idiot—Genso was right. I'm..." I sat on the floor in front of the door, burying my face in my knees. Light sobs could be heard if there was anyone at my door. I heard footsteps coming toward my door. "Yume? Is everything okay in there?" I heard a voice ask. I didn't answer. I saw a shadow on the floor. Someone was sitting down behind me, but the door was in between us. "Yume...I'm worried about you. It's fine if you don't want any help, but your captain is here, okay?"

Not a single word was said after that. There was only silence. Complete and total silence.