05 - Triple-Ego?

Bold Italics - Herrscher of Illusion

Bold - Herrscher of Illusion & Yume

Italics - Thoughts

{NEW}Italic Underline - Herrscher of Eternity

[Murasaki Yume POV]

The next morning, I woke up, but my face was stained with tears. As expected, the tears already dried. I got out of bed, walking toward the door. Before I placed my hand on the doorknob, I took a few steps back. I walked to my closet, opening it and grabbing my lavender-colored hoodie with drawstrings. I put on my hoodie, not making a single sound. I walked back to the door, finally placing my hand on the doorknob. I opened my door, taking a step into the hallway and shutting the door behind me.

I sighed, hugging myself as I walked toward the kitchen. No one's here... I thought, tears filling my eyes. "Yume-senpai~!" Kiana exclaimed, hugging me from behind. "I'm alone again..." I muttered, seeming like I had lost all faith in humanity. I wanted to burst into tears right then and there, but I didn't. It was like there was something holding me back. "K-Kiana...Don't leave me like the others..." I muttered, trying my best not to cry. "Yume-senpai? What do you mean?" Kiana asked, rubbing her cheek against mine. "N-Nevermind..." I said, blinking rapidly. How long was I going to hide it? I've been hiding my Herrscher counterpart for a while, yet I still haven't revealed it to anyone. Kiana continued rubbing her cheek against mine which made me slightly flustered. I let out a soft chuckle, smiling softly. "Your cheek is so soft!" Kiana seemed quite cheerful today. "Kiana, is my cheek really that soft?" I asked, gently petting the girl's head. She continued rubbing her cheek against mine as a yes. I laughed a bit. "Kiana—You're making me blush..." I said nervously, my face reddening a little. 'Oi! What is up with you? You aren't catching feelings for anyone, are you?' Genso whisper-shouted behind me, but only I could hear her. 'Sh-Shut up! That's not important!' I shot back, only communicating with Genso the way I usually do. "Yume-chan, Kiana-chan, good morning." I heard Mei speaking to me and Kiana as she left her room. "Morning Mei." I said with a small smile as Kiana stopped rubbing her cheek against mine. "Mei-senpai~!" Kiana exclaimed, giving Mei a hug. I watched in awe as I remembered something similar in my past life. Tears filled my eyes as I couldn't help but see myself with a group of old friends—the people who cared about and relied on me—in a vision that was more like an illusion. I sniffled, blinking back tears of regret as I remembered the day my friends died. Why? Why didn't I do anything to protect them? Why!? I questioned myself in my head with a slightly angered expression on my face. Another part of me gave me a hug from behind in a ghastly manner. "Now, now, Yume. Don't look so angry. Of course you wanted to do something to protect your friends, but something or someone was holding you back, no?" The Herrscher of Eternity stated, glaring at her older twin sister, the Herrscher of Illusion. "What? I didn't do anything." Genso scoffed, looking away from the other Herrscher. Eh? Two Herrscher cores? Since when did I become a vessel for two Herrschers? I questioned myself again, backing up against the wall as I pulled my hood over my head. I began to shake from the fight that was happening inside my head between the two Herrschers. "Make it stop...They won't quit..." I muttered, placing my hands on either side of my head as my back slid down the wall. "Ok and? Why should it matter that I took over Yume that time? I only did it because I wanted to!!" Genso and her younger twin continued fighting over what happened in my past life. "Well, you should let me take over some time, no? It's not fair , you always take over Yume!" Genso's younger twin sister, Hikaru, shot back, pointing out something that was true.

《Hours pass and Yume was sitting against the wall again, in tears.》

'Cut it out, you two! I got hurt during a mission and you still won't shut up? I'm the one in control here, not you!' I shouted inside my head at bother Hikaru and Genso. The two apologized, leaving me alone for now. I lifted my head from my knees, which had bruises on them from the mission I was assigned. "Ow...My wounds hurt every time I cry..." I said sounding somewhat exhausted. "Yume? Earth to Yume-chan...You there?" Mei waved her hand in my face, but I didn't even notice. Before I knew it, I felt Kiana boop my nose, making me blush a bit. "Ah—Sorry...I spaced out for a second..." I said, shaking my head. "Yume-senpai! That battlesuit is cute!" Kiana exclaimed, making my face redden slightly. "O-Oh? This one?" I stammered, struggling to stand up. "Ow...It hurts..." I said, shutting my eyes tightly. The mission didn't go how I wanted it to go. I thought my current battlesuit, Stygian Reaper, would've kept me from getting hurt, but it was the exact opposite. I should pick a different battlesuit next time...

《Later that night...》

Hikaru and Genso began fighting again, causing me to not get any sleep. Looks like I won't be getting any sleep tonight... I thought, staring at the mirror as I rolled over harshly. As far as I know, Genso and Hikaru don't get along very well. I let the two continue fighting about who would take over my body tomorrow, but there was no decision that had been made. I put my pillow over my head, trying to get some sleep. After a few minutes, I finally went to sleep. Who knows, I might sleep in a little tomorrow.