Chapter Eight

Fatal Attraction
Chapter Eight

The patchy dried floral before her made her chortle with inexpressible merriment. Fuller hair, toner body and baby soft skin, how can she not love the energy it fills her with. Second round, let’s do-

“Venom? Is that you?” Vix yelled over across at the svelte figure with glistening hair that stood right in the middle of the field, messing up her train of thought.

The figure stood still, moving only her head at an angle to the disruption. Flushed cheeks and wide doe eyes, she resembles a china doll. Innocent she might look; a nefarious air surrounds her entity. 

“I-I’m sorry I’ve got the wrong person,” Vix muttered, blood drained from her face. Vix’s heart thumped rapidly as she backed away in fear, an inch at a time before going into a full sprint when the figure was out of sight. Who is she? Vix thought long and hard as she continued running on the cold hard pavement, her heart pounding faster with every step she took.

“Vix?” Venom called out, bringing her to a stop almost instantaneously. 

“Venom,” she exclaimed, hands on her knee as she caught her breath. “I’m so glad to see you!”

“I can say the same about you,” her face contorted at the sight of Vix, her face as pale as sheet. “What’s wrong?”

“I-it’s nothing.”

Venom cocked her eyebrow, demanding the truth from Vix.

Vix sighed in resentment. “This girl I saw earlier on. She is incredibly gorgeous but there’s something about her that appears disturbingly evil.”

“Wow Vix, that was an incredibly detailed description,” her voice laced with sarcasm. “Evil yet beautiful. You do know that everyone here is evil and drop dead gorgeous right?”

“Forget it. It’s not anything important anyway,” Vix brushed it off.

“No no, I’m here to help you and I will help you clear any doubts that you might have. Tell me, can you remember the colour of her hair?”

“Black.”

“Black? Are you sure?”

“Positive. I’ve never seen any black hair as luminous as hers. Who is she?”

“I’m pretty sure you’re mistaken. No one here has jet black hair,” she diverted the subject quickly to stop Vix from probing further. “So why are you back here so soon? Ready to start training again?”

Training. The only reason she transported herself back. It brought her mind off the figure she saw as soon as her mind was filled with the sole purpose she came back again within such a short amount of time. 

With eyes surging with determination, Vix started, "I sure am, there's no time to lose."

"Very well said, Vix. Come on, let’s head to the dungeon.” 

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

"Cousdolo,” the Lord boomed, reaching into his sleeve before he continued. “Before you leave, I have something for you. This amulet here, it'll safeguard your soul and ensure that you stay alive till you get back. This thing here, it will not come off without your permission."

Sitting on the Lord’s palm was a multi-faceted iridescent gem encased within various rare precious metals that refracted light at any angle. The dollar sized amulet looks surprisingly fragile but is highly sturdy and unbreakable. 

As the amulet warmed in Cousdolo’s hand when he retrieved it from the Lord, it glowed lightly, and soon after, his name appeared letter by letter on the cerulean blue stone.