chapter 8

unedited

unedited.

𝐜𝐡. 𝟖: 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐨

"We have to go," Levi barged into my room using a tone that left no room for argument. It made me sit up straight immediately.

"What do you mean go? Go where?"

"Amarantha." Was all Levi said before leaving just as quickly as he had entered. I cursed under my breath, not entirely sure of what Levi wanted me to do, but starting to get ready anyway.

"Where's dad?" I questioned, raising my voice so that Levi could hear me from wherever he was in the house.

"Gone. Under the Mountain, maybe? I don't really know," Levi replied.

I cursed again, then decided to change out of the sweatpants and hoodie I had been living in for the past six days. Not that anyone would care what I was wearing but, assuming that Levi planned to march straight to Amarantha, I would much rather show up looking better than that carrot-headed bitch.

"I'm so badass," I hummed to myself, posing in the mirror, "Get on my level."

My brief obsession with all-black clothing five months ago had led to a manic shopping episode and my father being convinced that I was not psychologically well. He was probably right to think that. Regardless, my extensive collection of dark clothing paid off in moments like these. So I would say that my empty bank account was definitely worth it.

"If you're done talking to yourself, can we go?" Levi was leaning against my door frame (as usual), a well-crafted mask of boredom and aloofness across his expression.

Scary Levi Mode Activated, my inner monologue chimed.

"Let's go kick some fairy butt," I walked out into the hallway, clapping my brother on the back, "Look at us in our matching all-black outfits."

"Once again, the Soleil siblings are on top of the pyramid."

"You did not just make a Dance Moms reference."

• ☼ •

Levi and I arrived in Prythian after our fifth attempt. The two of us had decided to teleport to Pyrthian, unsuccessfully doing so four times. It wasn't until after I had accidentally visited four random countries, that Levi conveniently remembered the "shortcut" dad and he had created months ago.

Basically, Levi and dad made a portal.

But don't let Levi hear you call it that because, apparently, it's 'offensive' to call his 'hard work' something so 'cheesy' and 'disgusting.'

And dad thought I was the one who was not psychologically okay.

"You know, considering the circumstances, you would think that we would be moving a little bit faster."