chapter 2

𝐜𝐡

𝐜𝐡. 𝟐: 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐧, 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐲𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧

After a very lovely conversation with Lucien that ended with me tackling him in a hug, he politely kicked me out of his room so that I could get ready for supper. I also figured out that he still thinks that jerk Beron is his real father but I didn't say anything. We might be siblings but it's not my place to tell him that Helion is his real father when I'm not sure if even Helion knows.

I changed into a golden, yellow gown that flowed loosely down to my ankles. As I combed my fingers through my hair, I decided to leave it down as I was too lazy to do anything else. My dark brown, almost black waves weren't too crazy today  anyway. I didn't bother with jewelry as I never wore anything besides a ring that Levi gifted me two Christmases ago, and the golden necklace my father gave to me before he sent me to Uncle Elias'.

The journey to the unnecessarily large hall that held the even more unnecessarily large dining table was a quiet one. I remembered Lucien telling me that Tamilin still thought that Lucien and I had never met so I would have to act as if I was meeting him for the first time.

"You want me to stare at you in confusion when you introduce yourself?" I joked since that was how I had reacted when I first saw Lucien.

"No, Bri." Lucien rolled his eyes and I let out an offended gasp. "Just act like you're meeting a regular member of Tam's court."

"What's up Anger Issues. The queen has arrived." I announced as I flung open the doors to the dining hall. After I had witnessed Tamlin's anger issues up-close for the first time, I had taken to making up new anger related nicknames for the high lord. Some of my favorites being Anger Issues, Raging Rosehead, and Pissy Petals. I've called him the Hulk, Kylo Ren, and Anakin Skywalker which I found hilarious until I realized he didn't get the reference.

"Good evening, Briella." Tamlin greeted and I rolled my eyes. This guy refuses to call me anything else besides "Briella" which freaks me out because I only get the full name when I'm in trouble.

"Where's your emissary?" I asked as I took my seat. It was then that Lucien made his appearance.

"This is Lucien," Tamlin said once Lucien had taken his seat, "my emissary and friend."

"It's lovely to meet you. I'm Briella, but you can call me Bri." I said with an overly sweet, borderline sarcastic grin. Lucien gave me a look that was gone before Tam noticed but I saw it and had to restrain myself from bursting into a fit of laughter.

"It's nice to meet you Bri," Lucien said and I stuck my tongue out at him in response. I turned my attention to the food on the table and began to pile my version of heaven on my plate. I caught Tam's eye and grinned the best I could while stuffing my face with chicken and bread.