chapter 4

UNEDITED

UNEDITED

𝐜𝐡. 𝟒: 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢

The days that followed Feyre's arrival seemed to drag on endlessly and it made keeping track of time almost impossible. Of course it was never boring as there were days like the one where I stormed through the manor and flung open the doors of Tamlin's office to tell him that I was going to 'Briella-tize his stupid, cottage-core wannabe, Spring Court fashion.'

He was confused yet against the idea.

High Lord of the Stupid Court decided he wanted to argue with me about changing my wardrobe so I swore at him and forced his ass into a chair. I proceeded to lecture (read: yelled) at him for four hours about 'my body, my choice' and how he was now on my 'misogynistic asshole list.' Then I threatened to never make him cookies again and marched straight towards Rosehall's resident seamstress, Keralie.

Kera is now my best friend. She's a literal icon and fashion is her bitch.

Long story short, Kera and I designed a bunch of clothes that were Spring Court inspired and I am now the greatest fashion designer in all of Prythian (that's not true, I can't even take all the credit because I'm literally designing my dream wardrobe based off of fits I've seen on social media. I sit on a throne of lies).

Unfortunately, I hadn't seen much of Feyre or Lucien at all. The poor emissary is drowning in work because his boss is invested in his lady guest (read: prisoner) which is why I was surprised when my lovely brother (the one with a cool eye) decided to visit me.

"Don't leave your room tomorrow." Lucien ordered the second he stepped into my room.

"Well, hello to you too." I leaned back against a pillow I had propped up against the headboard. "Is there any particular reason for this impromptu house arrest? If it's because of that calamari party or whatever I wouldn't have gone anyway but why do I have to stay in my room? Am I not allowed to wreak havoc on the rest of the manor?"

"I'm serious."

"So am I."

"Bri, it's not even an entire day." Lucien sighed, clearly in no mood to deal with my stubbornness. I sunk into the pillows, feeling slightly bad that I was making this more difficult than it had to be. I could feel Lucien's examining gaze on me and started fiddling with my ring. Just tell him, Bri, I scolded myself. Telling him isn't going to cause the end of the world..

"I- uh, I'm claustrophobic." I blurted out. Lucien's expression morphed into one of surprise which caused me to rush out a chaotic explanation.

"It's not even that bad! It's only because of this one thing that happened when I was younger but don't worry because I can totally deal with it and also my room isn't even that small so maybe I'll be fine? It's just I don't like the idea of being tra-"