Chapter 2

Elijah's pov
-----------------

I'm sitting at my desk with my head in my hands, while letting out a tired sigh. I've been working nonstop for the past week beacuse I've been to busy with the mafia that I've been slacking off with my businesses.

I've got multiple businesses and I own a few clubs but their mostly back home in Italy. I'm in Spain right now at one of my clubs that I haven't been able to do my regular check ins with, which resulted in work piling up on my desk.

I have some trustworthy workers here that takes care of everything but I recently found out that the manager that worked here, was busy stealing from me. He's at one of my smaller warehouses locked in a cell, bloody and bruised. I'm not showing any mercy to those who break my loyalty.

So here I am sitting in my office at the most popular club in town. The music from downstairs are muffled beacuse my office is sound proof, making it a bit easier to work.

A knock from the door brought me out of my thoughts. I gave a quick 'come in' and looked down at the papers.

"Good evening boss." my right hand man greeted , which is also my best friend, Dante. I look up at him while he's making his way to my desk and takes a seat.

I gave him a nod and continued working. "How long are you going to stay in here? It's been three hours." Dante asked.

"You can leave, I didn't ask you to babysit me." I said annoyed. I've been having a headache for the past hour now but I've got to finish these papers, so that I don't have to come back here tomorrow.

"I'm not babysitting you boss." He retorted while rolling his eyes. "Just take a break, I'll finish these for you, since I'm such a good friend."

Dante always suggests that I take a break whenever I work but I would always decline, since I bury myself in work  to keep myself busy and not to be in my thoughts for too long.

"Fine" I sigh and get up, while stretching my legs a bit from sitting the whole time. Dante looks surprised that I actually gave in and stood up aswell.

"Well that was easier than I expected." Dante said to himself and walked around my desk and was about to take a seat in my chair when I stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"You have your own office, now get out of mine." I said with a slight glare. He just laughed, not being bothered much by what I said. He took the papers and left my office.

I exited my office aswell and looked down at everyone in my club. Everyone's enjoying themselves, dancing and drinking. Sometimes I wish I could be that care free, but I can't. I have a whole mafia to run and my businesses on top of that. There are many targets on my back aswell so it's not always easy letting your guard down just anywhere.

As I walked down the stairs, I spotted a girl sitting at the bar ordering drinks after drinks.She immediately caught my attention. From behind she has long dark cruly hair and is wearing a tight black dress that hugs her cruves perfectly.

I don't usually bother with women or sleep around even though everyone assumes that I do. I don't beacuse I'm not interested in all these women just throwing themselves at me and wanting to get in to my pants.

But this woman sitting at the bar is attracting me somehow. I don't know what it is but the curiosity got the best of me. I needed to know who she was. As I near the bar I see the bartender checking her out but she's oblivious to the stares around her.

I take a seat next to her and finally get a glimpse of her face. When she turns her head to look at me, I feel my heart literally stop.

"It can't be..."I breathed out. The same beautiful green eyes that reminds me of the forest and pretty pink plumb lips. Her hair frames perfectly around her face, making her look completely innocent. The same small dimple appearing on the left side of her cheek. I would never forget that face. The face of an angel. My angel.