Alone

YOUR POV

*Werewires swung in!

Susie pulled out her axe and Kris pulled out a cool looking sword. I was a bit behind the two so I wasn't engaged in the battle. It's probably better that I'm not anyway. I've never fought before.

Ralsei told me about souls and how everyone has one. He told me that you use your soul in battle.

I watched as Susie picked Kris up with ease and chucked them at the wires controlling the monsters. I can't believe Kris is okay with Susie straight up throwing him into an enemy like that.

They must have some real trust in each other...

The opponents attacks were swift and precise, aiming straight for Kris' soul. They dodged effortlessly. It was a back and forth between throwing, defending, and dodging.

Eventually, the two spared the enemies and they were whisked away in a swish of sparkles. Well, I guess I know how a battle works up close now.

"Phew, nice fighting again after so long!" Susie sighs. "Now let's go catch up to Queen!" she smirks. Two more Werewires drop down, however.

"... or not!" Susie exclaims, preparing for another battle. Suddenly, the enemies get whisked away again. We all turn around to see Ralsei.

"Hey Ralsei! we gotta go someone named Queen captured Noelle! Hurry!" Susie exclaims and drags Ralsei away, bolting ahead. Kris follows behind at a quick pace.

Did they just... leave without me? what the hell? Should I even try to catch up with them? I'd probably drag them down or something, jeez. y/n, now's not the time to get down in the dumps, you need to save Noelle! Thinking, I lay down on the cold, hard ground.

But as far as I know my efforts don't even matter. I mean, Kris and their friends are already going to save her, so why should I waste my time on someone who wouldn't care... oh who am I kidding.

Of course Noelle would care! she's a sweet girl, I know she's at least fond of me (I hope). She seems like my only friend right now. Never mind. An 18 year old shouldn't be friends with middle schoolers. 

I'll just let the others handle it, it's not like they need me anyway...

.

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY CRINGEY ANGST

.

Rubbing my eyes, I try to lessen my exhaustion. I ended up falling asleep, great. I stand up and look around. I'm still in the same place as before, cool. 

Standing up and brushing off my clothing, I notice I've been wearing a different outfit this whole time! I don't actually look half bad. I'm wearing (outfit of choice). There's no one around. I guess this is where I start my adventure alone.

I continue to trek onwards, seeing yet another ledge; this one goes down insanely far. I slide down with no hesitation so I won't chicken out last second. 

There's a pleasant breeze swishing through my hair, tickling my face a bit. This is surprisingly relaxing. After a little while of sliding, I finally reach the bottom. 

I trudge along the path, admiring the city in the distance. It's kind of nice being by myself, but I do wish I could have some company right about now...

I pass by a panel that says 'CYBER WORLD' in big bold letters. I walk further along the path and find a sort of teacup ride you'd see at a carnival. I decide to hop inside one of the teacups.

It was all a bunch of teacups and obstacles based on timing to music. I was lucky I didn't get hit. I headed towards a plethora of pathways and spot a pedestal with what looks like an encyclopedia placed on top.

Choosing to ignore it, I continue walking. I quickly found my way out of that maze of pathways and when I did, I saw a bird looking monster in a suit cleaning up some wreckage with a broom.

Pretty pointless if you ask me. Those scraps must be heavy as hell. I walk past the bird monster, into a clearing. Which way should I go? Damn, I have no idea.

Deciding to follow my gut, I continue to walk forwards. I reach some more of those timing based obstacles, carefully dodging to make my way to the other side.

I kept going straight and came across a completed puzzle spelling out 'AGREE2ALL'. So they've already been through here? Eh, makes sense. I was wondering why no one was trying to attack me.

 Ralsei had spent a lot of time explaining encounters with foes, yet I haven't encountered a single one.

Guess I don't need to worry about that then. Cool! I backtrack to the rhythm based obstacles. Ok fuck that I'm not doing that again. I spot a pathway leading up, and decide to see what that's about.

More teacup rides. Hm. I'll just ride them in the order I see them. I jump into one of the teacups and start to ascend. Reaching the top, I stumble upon another already finished puzzle.

Walking back to the teacup ride, I jump back into one of the teacups. I quickly descend and head over to the next set. 

Rinsing and repeating, I make my way up to the next platform. A chest. Walking over to the chest, I see that it's empty. What a bust. 

This last one better lead to something because I have no idea what I'm doing. Making my way up the platform, spotting a pathway, I mentally celebrate. Thank god this lead to something. I didn't wanna be stuck here forever, heh.

Well never mind. I guess I am stuck. This pathway leads to a void! I seriously went all this way for nothing. So much for trusting my gut.

I make my way back to the clearing from before. I choose to head north, stumbling upon a unique looking shop with giant speakers on either side of the building.

I walk inside to find out no one's even here to run the shop! Seriously, I've seen barely anyone around since the others went ahead.

Exiting the shop, I find yet another maze of pathways. There's a path leading north again, I'll just go there instead of potentially getting lost. 

More... Teacup rides? Jumping into one of the teacups, I look up, seeing that I'm rapidly approaching a flat surface... shit. If I don't jump onto the next ride, I'm dead.

Shit shit shit shit shiiiitttt. Ok y/n, you'll be fine. Allll you gotta do is jump. Closing my eyes, I launch myself forward. 

I landed. Holy hell I landed! Wait. There's more? Oh god of course there's more. I continue the process; Shitting my pants in fear, jumping to the next teacup, landing, repeat. 

Eventually, I land onto solid ground. Panting heavily, I continue to move onwards, spotting a building with a poster type thing on the side of it. It has Queens face on it. Odd. 

I walk inside to see 3 tracks and a beaten up rusty bumper car on one of them. Neat! I can use this to get across the track faster!

hopping into the bumper car, It starts to swiftly move along the track, revealing Cyber City and the dark fountain Ralsei was telling me about before. The view is breathtaking! This is definitely more relaxing than the teacup rides, that's for sure.

I wonder where this is gonna lead? Looking ahead of myself, I see that- hold on.. the track isn't finished!? What the hell? 

The next thing I know, I'm getting flung off the track, falling to what might be my death.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hey readers! If you're wondering, yes you'll meet Spamton next chapter. make sure to stay hydrated and have a good day/night!