The Beginning

7 months before

"You will go." Von Strucker says to me. "The Avengers?" I say. He nods with a dead look on his face. I stand on this giant glowing Hydra symbol, then straighten my back. I'm in uniform, but I won't be for long.

"You're young, they'll fold easily. I'll send you to Wanda, she may look tough but caves like an ancient temple." He says. I have my hands behind my back and I know that I can complete this mission.

"Yes sir." I say. He looks at me and sits at his desk in this giant room with glass windows, hundreds of stories up.

"You will get their secrets, you will stay alert at all times. This mission will take months, you are giving your life up. Make fake relationships with each of them, get them to tell you everything. You're the best for this Y/N." He says.

I nod and suddenly the Hydra symbol underneath me begins to glow and next thing I know, I'm laying on the sidewalk in the middle of New York city.

"Are you alright?" A woman asks me. She helps me stand up and I look at my clothes. I'm wearing a white tube top and ripped skinny jeans, my hair is still very long, and in a messy bun.

"Yes ma'am, I'm alright." I say, then look at her. "What happened?" She asks. "I...I'm not sure. It's just that I'm clumsy." I chuckle. She smile and shakes my hand.

"Wanda Maximoff." She says. She smiles warmly. "Y/N L/N." I say, shaking her hand back, then smile at her.

"Do you live here or are you just visiting?" She asks. "I live at the apartments on main street. I don't really have any friends or family that live here." I say, then tighten my messy bun.

She tilts her head a little, "Would you maybe want to have dinner tonight? I could introduce you to some people I know." Wanda says.

"Of course." I say with a sly smile. "Why don't you come meet them now, we could walk and talk together." She suggests, "Unless...you have something to do, of course."

"Not at all, let's go." I say, then we both start walking down the street. I can hear the New York City noises as we walk towards the Avengers tower.

I smirk up at it as Wanda talks to me. This is working out great so far....

"And Bruce is really nice, so I think you-"