Chapter 4: A Dangerous Threat

P.O.V Shadow

I walked out of the school building in a rather foul mood. Today was an aggrivating day and I was just about ready to uppercut anyone who made an attempt to approach me. I ignored the swarm of people begging me to go and hang with them and started heading down the plain grey sidewalk towards a nearby alleyway.

The bus stop crawled into my line of sight and my eyes wandered to the figure leaning against it. My gaze narrowed when I recognised who it was. Sonic had his earphones embedded in his ears listening to some music. Anger started to churn inside me as I drew closer to the blue hedgehog. I don't know why but whenever I see Sonic or go remotely close to him I get so riled up and I barely even know the guy at all so why? I know something is disturbed within him, I can see it in his eyes and I can read it in his body language. It's as if he's uncomfortable in his own skin and wants to escape. What really has me on edge is the fact that he has Chaos Energy. There are 4 known people to wield it, me included, and last I checked the name Sonic The Hedgehog was not on that list. I'll have to speak of this matter with the Commander.

I snuck closer to the unsuspecting bus stop and laid my eyes on the sapphire coloured creature. I stopped and my body tensed up a little and I stared intently at Sonic, my mouth agape ever so slightly. The aura around him was dark,sad and lonely. His ears were drooped a little and a small frown was married to his soft cheeks. Suddenly Sonic seemed almost.....lost, like he didn't know who he was or what to do. His eyelids shielded those bright, vibrant emerald eyes from the harsh sights of this world. His earphones guarded his ears from the toxic, poisoned words from the corrupt organisms surrounding him. The melody his head was slowly and gracefully flowing with, sending soft reassuring messages to his frightened, vulnerable inner consciousness. On the outside this hedgehog seemed calm, collected and stable but on the inside he was crying enveloped in an everlasting pool of darkness, pain and misery, screaming out for help..........only to receive none. Sonic had a dark past that he buried deep inside himself and hid behind a mask of fake joyful smiles and forced laughs to meet the the expectations of those around him. Protecting himself while causing more harm as that darkness manifested inside of him.

My expression softened a little as I peeled my dull,red eyes away from the scene and continued to stroll down the pavement. I turned around the corner at the end of the street when my ear twitched slightly. My feet came to a halt and I reached for my phone before sending a quick message to my Commander, informing him that I would be late and that I'll see him later. I start leading the way to an old, abandoned alleyway where I was sure no one would be, that is where I plan to question my stalker.

I casually walked down the street before taking a sharp turn into the alleyway I know for certain has a dead end. I waited patiently for my prey to wonder by, I could sense his energy drawing near. A smirk crept it's way onto my face when my stalker was about to round the corner. I stretched my arm out and clasped my fingers around his shirt's collar before yanking him towards me then thrusting him against the wall. I put my forearm against his collar bone and applied a steady pressure, not enough to completely block his airway and prevent him from breathing but enough to limit any movements he might make.

I looked down with a frown adorned on my face and a piercing look in my eye. Beautiful emerald orbs gazed up at me with fear and confusion evident inside them........I liked that look. I pressed my arm to the lazuli hued creature's chest a little harder, earning a soft whimper in return. My ears twitched and desperately pleaded to hear that gentle cry again and again.
"P-please ngh please s-stop" my captive pleaded, struggling slightly to escape my clutches.
"I-i can't breath"
I was dragged out of my trance and I glanced downwards only to find small tears building up in the azure's eyes. My forearm loosened its grip and the hedgehog gasped for air desperately.