Chapter 9: Suspicion Is A Priceless Skill

Warning: Gore, Passive Suicidality, Attempted Suicide, Bulima Nervosa Themes.

POV: Shadow

"NO, NOT A FUCK IN HELL!!! NOPE, ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOT!!! FUCK YOU, FUCK YOUR MOTHER, FUCK YOUR FATHER AND FUCK YOUR COW!!!" I bellowed, face contorted into a blazing inferno.

"GOD FUCKING DAMN IT SHADOW, YOU ASS SUCKING IDIOT!!! YOU ARE THE DUMBEST FUCKING DUMBASS I'VE EVER KNOWN IN ALL MY POINTLESS LIFE!! YOU TWAT, IT'S A FUCKING MIRACLE WE'RE STILL BREATHING DAMN OXYGEN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! HOW ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH ARE YOU ONE OF MEPHILES'S BEST FUCKING AGENTS!!! HE MUST BE FUCKING DEMENTED, FUCKED PROPERLY IN THE HEAD TO PUT YOU ON THIS MISSION!! YOU SHITHEAD, YOU'RE GONNA GET US ALL KILLED. YOU IDIOT!!!" Fleetway roared in my face, fuming with unbridled fury.

"We're screwed, dead, deceased. I better host a memorial service for my precious gems. I'll never get to see them again because of that emo retard. You know what, there's no point in this damn diet if I'm just gonna die anyway. Screw this perfect body, when I get home I'm gonna eat every damn bag of oreos and tub of caramel ice cream I can find in the store. At least I can die satisfied....." Rouge mumbled, slumped on floor draped in blue depression. Clearly having given up on life all together.

"I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS ABOUT-"

"HEY! GET TO CLASS YOU BUNCH OF DELINQUENTS! I'M TRYING TO PROVIDE A LESSON ABOUT THE HOLOCAUST IN HERE!!"
An educator's head screeched out of its classroom, interrupting me in my quest to defeat Fleetway in our scream-swearing match.
All three of us directed infuriated gazes at the extra.

"NO ONE GIVES A SHIT!!!" The retort unanimously snarled from team Chaos.

The teacher recoiled angrily before threatening us with 3 extra hours of prison if we didn't move our asses. Fleetway and I caught sight of Rouge's eye twitching, her claws exposing themselves slowly. Shit, not again. Fleetway must have mirrored my annoyance as he sighed his life away. Begrudgingly, we each grabbed one of the snow bat's arms just as she lunged for her next body. Not wanting Rouge's body count in increase yet again, we dragged her through a random door which lead into a now empty courtyard. We all wouldn't have minded the extra's suffering, however there were more pressing matters to settle. I had rotated on my heel to continue my business with Fleetway, I was unsuccessful. He was hunched over with rogue by his side, rubbing circles on his back. Ah, anxiety attack. Very unlike Fleetway, I must admit.

Fuck, it's only been a day. I'm already aching for this blasted mission to be over with. A light breeze crossed the threshold, gracing us with it's much appreciated presence. Fleetway released another sigh, successfully sounding like an old man out of scotch. He gracelessly plummeted down on the green over growth beneath us, Rouge not far behind. My pride kept me standing, refusing to stoop to the level of my counter parts. That was until Rouge yanked mercilessly on my tail. A pretentious cry escaped my throat as my ass clashed with the soft grass.

Having used up all my energy insulting Fleetway's cow and the asses of rats, I simply accepted my fate without resistance. A brooding silence coloured the empty air, no one bothered to disrupt its mission. The gentle breeze was welcoming, fragrant. Hoisting the scent of sakura blossoms across the school. For a moment, everything was still. Peaceful. A rare experience on my part. I always move quickly, get things done fast, moving on without a second gander. It feels pleasant, to stop all the hasty movements, live in the moment.

The sky was especially blue today, not a cloud in sight. Blue................Sonic's face morphed in my mind's eye. A scowl tore through whatever serenity had been created. Hate clouded my thoughts, repelling the rare peace I was hosting. Along with emerald and lazuli came the gentle sounds of desperation, of pain. Hate and longing clashed in the back of my mind. I loathed that blue rodent, yet I craved his cries for mercy. Curiosity crept in, casting other emotions aside. How was that weak, fragile creature capable of such unorthodox destruction? A voice brought me back to reality. It was one I didn't recognise.