Chapter 6: I'm So Sorry Sonic

P.O.V Sonic

I coughed harshly, kneeling on the floor as I watched Shadow disappear behind the corner quickly. The only thing my eyes managed to catch was a blur of black and red before I was left alone in the alleyway. I pressed my hands to my chest and whimpered out in pain, knowing there would be a rather nasty bruise there by tomorrow morning and that Tails was going to flip the fuck out. Jesus, Shadow, why did you have to be so damn rough when pinning me down? Stupid bastard looked like he enjoyed seeing me in pain and he pushed down even harder when I wouldn't answer his questions cause ,ya know, I COULDN'T FUCKING BREATH!!! Sadistic bastard, Silver was right about him. How could he say that about all those people who want to be his friends? I've always been bullied at every school I've ever attended in the past. I was always turned down by everyone and not one person even wanted to talk to me but now I have Tails, Silver and all the others so I don't have to feel isolated all the fucking time. It just pisses me off to see so many people trying desperately to be Shadow's friend only to be turned down and called worthless? That's utter bullshit.

I sighed deeply and used the wall's support to help me stand up on my own two feet. I grinded my teeth as I tried not to breath to heavily since it hurt my collar bone. I pulled my arm away from the wall and walked out of that dark, filthy alleyway and headed up the street to the local curry store so I could buy dinner for Tails and I. The amazing aroma hit my face as I entered the restaurant causing my mouth to water a lot. I walked up to the counter and greeted the cute waiter warmly before ordering a large serving of butter chicken curry and some roti for Tails and a small serving of mutton curry with a little bit of rice for myself. Tails's favourite food is chicken curry, he could literally eat it for every single meal and never get board of it. After the waiter took my order he complemented me, calling me adorable and kind. A light blush sprinkled onto my cheeks as I averted my eyes feeling a little flustered. The waiter noticed this and laughed lightly. He was a bright, neon green hedgehog with beautiful royal blue eyes and a light peach muzzle. He had a pair of red sunglasses resting comfortably on top of his head and two scars running across his chest. I wonder how that happened.

The waiter must have noticed me staring at his scars because he laughed out,
"Don't worry about it, I got these in a fight with a rather repulsive opponent."
My eyes widened as I stared deeply at him with disbelief. He only laughed even more at my reaction but I looked up at him with a worried expression on my face while saying,
"Are you ok, that must have hurt a lot."
He stopped laughing and happily sighed before answering my question,
"Yup this sucker hurt like a son of a bitch but I'd rather have massive scars than loose my life ya know?"
Damn, that must have been one hectic fight if his life was at risk and he ended up with scars that huge. I'm grateful I haven't had that bad a fight before, I would have lost within a few minutes.
"Well I've never been in a fight that severe before but I know what you mean about escaping with your life. I'm glad that you're ok."
I closed my eyes and tilted my head slightly to the right, smiling genuinely. The waiter's face turned bright red and he scratched the back of his neck before replying,
"Y-yeah thanks cutie."
My blush grew even deeper when he called me that and I had no idea how to respond so I became a stuttering mess. The waiter chuckled at how his words affected me, reaching for a sticky note and a pen before scribbling something down.

I wondered what he was writing so I leaned in slightly closer to see but my soul leapt out of my body when the sound of a shrill bell ringing traveled down my ears. I hate sudden, loud sounds. They make my chest feel incredibly tight and I want to cry out. The waiter lifted his head after he heard the bell ringing and immediately stared at me with nothing but concern on his face as he asked me worriedly,
"Hey, are you ok? You look completely freaked out, do you need anything?"
I tried to calm myself by practicing my breathing exercises and they helped a little. After I relaxed, my eyes looked into the waiters'. I couldn't help but stare into his beautiful, indigo orbs. They held so much depth and told me so much about who this hedgehog was as a person, it made me feel happy and safe for some reason. I snapped out of my daze and rubbed the back of my head whilst laughing awkwardly,
"Yeah, hahah, I just got a fright so don't worry about me."
He scanned me over skeptically and hesitantly replied,
"Ok, well I'm glad your alright now, cutie, anyways here's your order I hope you enjoy our food."
The waiter handed me a takeaway bag that he grabbed from the conveyor belt in the kitchen. I gripped the food comfortably in my arm and smiled at him brightly,
"Thank you so much, have a wonderful day, ok?"
I lightly bowed and then turned to leave when the waiter leaned over the counter and quickly grabbed my shoulder. I turned my head over my shoulder and gazed at him with a questioning look then I turned to face him fully before asking,
"Is something wrong?"
He just chuckled lightly before grabbing my free hand and thrusting something into it. He closed my fingers around the foreign object before smirking at me and saying,
"Text me later, k?"
I looked at him confused but I just internally shrugged at his comment before uttering out a reply,
"Ok, hope I see you again soon."
Then I waved goodbye and walked out the pleasant little curry shop with my mood much happier after meeting that sweet waiter.