Chapter 2

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances. If there is any reaction, both are transformed."

- Carl Jung

It's been a few weeks since my encounter with that Harry guy and I have seen no sign of him or his competition. I would never admit it to him, but I did secretly want him to get the job. Although he was an asshole to me at first I did actually sort of like him and he did pique my interest in wanting to get to know him better. He seemed to be a bit more playful than most of the serious businessmen who work here and a change of pace would be nice. Plus there's the obvious reason that he is totally hot. To be honest, I never really keep tabs on new hires after my father interviews them but I can't seem to shake Harry from my mind. I now catch myself when I'm tapping my foot because of him. He must be very accomplished to even be considered for this company.

I take my mind off Harry so I can start working until suddenly I hear a deep voice say, "Still tapping your foot I see."

I look up and am met with the emerald eyes that have decorated my thoughts since I first saw them a few weeks ago.

"I've actually been doing it more just in case you did come back," I say.

"So you've been thinking about me, sweetheart?"

"Don't flatter yourself. Not all thoughts are good ones."

"Well, I bet you haven't thought twice about Mclovin," he says in a snarky tone.

"Are you kidding me? He's been living in my fantasies. I'm going to have to have a conversation with my dad on his poor decision making."

"I happen to think he's a very smart man with good taste... and good genes," He says with a smirk.

"I did tell you about his hot daughter."

He laughs, "That you did."

Just then my phone begins to ring and I see that it is Aspen.

"I better get going," he says, "this place is a maze and I don't want to be late to another meeting because of you."

"Very funny," I reply, "well as if I haven't done enough for you already I can give you a tour during our lunch break."

"You are just obsessed with me aren't you?" He says with a cheeky smirk.

"You're the one that came all the way up here to see me. I assume your office is on what, the 30th floor?"

"32nd for your information, and I have to meet with your dad quickly before I go," he says.

"Alright, I'll meet you there at 2."

"I can hardly wait," he winks and makes his way out.

I answer Aspen at the last moment and she immediately says, "What took you so long? I know you're basically glued to your phone whenever you're working."

"Sorry," I say, "I was talking to this new guy my dad just hired."

"Ooh, new guy! Is he hot?"

"Yeah actually, and pretty funny too. Plus he's British."

"Oh my god, that sounds like a dream! If you don't jump his bones I think I will!" my lewd best friend says.

"Lucky for you I try to keep things professional with my co-workers, although if I'm being honest, that might be hard with this one."

"BO-RING," she says, "well if you're going to play Mrs. Chastity then I might as well tell you about my recent promiscuities."

"Oh god, here we go again..."