Chapter 5

"...And yeah, she loved him, but she kept pretending she didn't because she knew he didn't love her the same."
                                            -E. Grin

All-day I'm tapping my foot more than ever thinking about what I'm going to tell Harry at lunch today. I've never really been nervous like this with a guy. Like I told Aspen, they usually do all the work for me.

I know I shouldn't be this nervous, it is only Harry. We may not have known each other for very long, but we've grown pretty close over the past two weeks. We've seen each other almost every day after all.

I decided I'd just come out and ask him. What's the worst that could happen?

Right on cue, Harry arrives at my desk and my nerves only amplify.

"Hey," he simply says

"Hi," I reply curtly.

"Are you ready?" He asks with a tinge of confusion.

Oh god, I'm making it awkward already. He can tell something is up.

"Um yeah, let me just grab my things."

"Ok, well hurry up. I'm bloody hungry."

I laugh and start getting my things faster.

We decided to stay in the building today seeing as Harry was craving an omelet, which I'm always up for.

"This really is the best omelet I've ever had," Harry says while basically shoving it down his mouth.

"Woah, you really were hungry," I say referring to the impatient way he was eating his food.

"I was, I think I'm going to go for a second."

I nod as he gets up to get another. This is my time. When he sits back down again I'm just going to ask. I hate that I'm so nervous. This isn't like me at all.

"I got a different one this time. It better be just as good or I'm eating yours," He quickly returns to his seat.

I slightly laugh, too nervous to protest about his threat of eating my food.

"So listen," I start

He looks up from his food, waiting for me to continue.

"My mom has these banquets for these charities she endorses and the next one is on Saturday."

"Okay," he says

"And I need to bring someone. I was wondering if you would maybe want to come with me?"

"Will your dad care that you're bringing an employee?" He asks.

"No. Not at all. He actually suggested I bring Liam," I tell him.

"Oh god no, I can't let you get stuck with him," He says in what looks like actual disgust.

I laugh and say, "He's really not that bad. But that means you'll come?"

"Of course I'm coming," he replies nonchalantly as if it weren't even a question.

I'm so relieved now that I asked him I can no longer understand why I was so nervous.

"Good!" I say, "My dad did request I bring someone respectable but I guess you could work too."

"Haha very funny," he looked like he was about to keep talking but his phone rang.

"Sorry I have to take this," he says and I wave him off reassuringly.

"Hello?" He answers the phone.