Chapter 7

"She fell in love with him deeply; he was both: a savage and a gentleman. The balance made her feel alive."

-S. Mcnutt

We pulled up to the venue a few minutes after Harry got in the car. Thankfully it wasn't a long drive, I needed to get out of this small car. With Harry sitting close and his scent invading all my senses, I was surely about to explode.

Harry got out of the car first and offered me his hand.

"Why, thank you," I said, taking it into mine.

He nodded his head and helped me get out of the vehicle. Thankfully, I made a smooth exit and was soon standing tall next to him.

Even in my heels, Harry was still noticeably taller than me which was nice considering I have sometimes been taller than my dates, especially when I'm wearing shoes like these. Harry opened his arm to me, gesturing for me to slip it between his body and hold onto his elbow.

We walk towards the small sidewalk that leads into the venue that is full of people taking pictures. It's mostly business magazines wondering what the latest news is on Goldman and what all their associates are up to.

"God I hate this part," I whisper to Harry as we approach all the photographers.

"Oh come on I'm sure you love the attention" he says with a playful shove.

As we make it to where all the people snapping photos are I hear them start calling out my name.

"Ms. Solomon, do you only have a job at Goldman because of your dad?"

"Is this your new boyfriend?"

"Does he also work for Goldman?"

Among the annoying questions there are also people complimenting me, my dress, and saying what a great couple Harry and I make even though we are definitely not a couple.

I try to focus on those comments more but the negative ones always cloud my brain.

"Ignore them," Harry whispers and puts his arm around my waist for a photo.

I smile softly and just pose for a stupid picture.

Multiple pictures are snapped of me and Harry before we finally walk off and into the actual banquet.

"Yeah I can see why that gets annoying."

I nod in agreement and pull us further into the room.

"Let's find my dad so he knows I didn't bail," I say.

I search the crowd that's slowly getting bigger and finally spot my parents on the other side of the banquet hall.

"Over there, cmon," I point, showing Harry where we are going.

As we walk through the crowds I get stopped a couple of times by my dad's friends telling me the same thing they always do. Things like how much older I look and how they couldn't believe how fast I grew up.

"Dad!" I call his attention from a couple feet away.

He turned around and smiled, walking towards us now with my mom on his arm.

"Hello sweetie you look ravishing," he compliments and pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you. Hi mom, you look amazing," I say as I hug her as well.

"Oh thank you sweetie, nothing compares to you though. That dress sweetie! It's exquisite!" she smiles.

She has always been the best and most supporting mom ever, despite me always being a daddy's girl.