Chapter 3

"It was instinctive, the way I fell for you. Like an effortless intake of breath."
                                - Josh Walker

The next day I make my coffee rounds, as usual, giving some of the associates on my floor their respective orders. When I stop by my dad's office to give him his drink he greets me with a bright smile.

"Hey, sweetheart!"

"Wow, you seem extra happy today, any good news?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, we just landed a huge deal with a major client. Good thing we just hired that new guy because this one is going to call for some long nights," he says.

"Oh boy, there go my weekends."

"Speaking of," he starts, "don't forget your mom's banquet is next Saturday. Be sure to find something nice to wear there will be a lot of media there," he says.

"When is there not."

"Exactly," he retorts, "which also means you need a respectable date. I don't need you bringing one of those hot rods you used to hang around in college."

I roll my eyes at his last comment and say, "I prefer a hot rod to a bore. I'm the one that is going to be stuck with him all night."

"Just because a man is respectable doesn't mean he is boring. What about Liam? I'm sure he would love to go with you and I don't think he'll have you falling asleep by the end of the night."

I release a light laugh and say, "I don't need you setting me up, I'm sure I can manage to find my own date that fits both our criteria."

"Alright honey I'll see you later," he says and I make my way out of his office and over to my desk.

I spend hours filing papers and answering phone calls. My dad wasn't kidding when he said this new client would be upping the workload. I was relieved to see the clock read 2 so I could finally take a break for lunch. Just as I begin gathering my things I notice the elevator doors chime open and Harry steps out looking as hot as ever wearing a dark grey suit, different from the black suits I'd previously seen him in. His pants sat perfectly on his hips and I couldn't help but indulge myself for a second.

"Ready to go?" He asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Go where?" I question with a laugh.

"To lunch?" He replies as if it were obvious, approaching my desk and leaning forward onto his elbows.

"Oh, so you did like the omelets. Or do you just miss me that much already?"

He laughs this time and says, "A little bit of both I suppose... but mainly the omelet."

"Sure," I say sarcastically, then grabbing my bag and heading over to the elevator with Harry following closely behind.

He presses the button for the main lobby, leaving me confused.

"I think you meant to go to the sky lobby," I say matter of factly.

"I know where I'm going," he replies.

Once the doors open I follow him out and exit the building, turning and walking down the street.

"Where exactly are we going?" I ask.

"There is a restaurant just over here that I've been meaning to try."

"Oh, so I guess it wasn't for the omelet then," I say playfully.

He just smirks and continues walking ahead after lightly bumping my shoulder with his.

He turns into a little alley that contains only a couple of stores and stops in front of a quaint bistro I'd never seen before, despite it being so close to Goldman. It was surprisingly empty for it being lunchtime and I didn't know if that was good or bad, but the delicious smell coming from the inside gave me hope for our future meal.