Chapter 6

"I still haven't figured out how to sit across from you, and not be madly in love with everything you do."

-William C. Hannan

While last night I wasn't really in the mood to go out, Aspen dragged me anyway, and it wasn't a complete waste. I met this really hot guy named Louis. He was tattooed from head to toe and he told me he was the lead singer in a small band. This was a humble comment, because I actually knew exactly who he was. His band is far larger than small, but I didn't want to seem like a fan.

I got his number and he was definitely interested but I honestly wasn't in the mood last night, even for some famous singer. Maybe I'll call him a little later in the week.

When I got into work today I was as busy as ever. When lunchtime rolled around, Harry came to get me as per usual. At lunch, he asked me about the banquet and things like what time it started, how we would get there, and how he should dress. I told him it started at 7:30 pm, that my driver would pick him up at 7, and that he should wear a suit.

He of course made a comment about the driver.

"Your driver?" he mocked me, "Of course you have a driver."

"Ugh, don't start Harry. He's only for special occasions," I roll my eyes at him, knowing how he gets pissy about random things like this.

"And you know what, he's actually a great guy. I bet you'd get along with Chives," I add.

"Chives?" He had questioned his strange name.

"Yes, Chives. He used to drive me to school when I was little and I actually know him pretty well, so you better be nice. I don't want him thinking I hang around assholes," I told him sternly.

"Jeez, okay. I just thought he had a weird name but I won't mention it again," he laughed at my slight outbreak.

We went on with our lunch talking about the banquet along with other miscellaneous things. His girlfriend didn't come up once, thankfully.

It was now 5:00pm and I was rushing out of the office to go get a new dress for tomorrow night. I wanted to look nice and all of the dresses in my closet just weren't doing it for me. I make my way to Bergdorf's and hope this will be my only stop, I don't feel like going to a bunch of places today. They usually don't fail me here.

I walked in and headed straight to where I know they stock my favorite dresses for occasions like this. I was looking for something that was appropriate, but not too prudish. I don't need the media taking a picture of me in a bad dress.

I grabbed a bunch of dresses with the help of my favorite consultant, Ariana. I headed to the fitting room and tried on what felt like a million dresses. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty just nothing that I didn't already have in my closet.

I was almost ready to give up when Ariana said, "Ms. Solomon? I think I may have found one you will like. It was in the back, we just received it earlier today."

"Perfect, bring it over."

She left my dressing room and when she reappeared she was holding a dress that was perfect. It was simple and classy, but not too modest. It was a champagne colored, silk dress with a low back.

"It's perfect," I told Ariana.

She smiled and handed me the dress and left the room again for me to try it on.

When I tried it on it was even better. It hugged my curves in all the right places and felt like I was laying in expensive silk sheets. The dress made my 5 foot 9 body look even longer and the V neck exposed just enough of my small chest for it to be considered sexy without being too scandalous.