He loves me

Spencer paced around her room, her phone in hand, contemplating whether she should text Aria and tell her the truth or not. What if she doesn't believe me? She thought. What if she hates me? Her subconscious added. Before she could over think everything, Spencer found her thumbs tapping at the phone screen.

Hey. I need to tell you something. Be over in 10?

She threw herself onto her bed, impatiently waiting for an answer. A few minutes had passed before her phone sounded its usual sound and Spencer grabbed the phone instantly. After seeing that Aria had replied ok, she let out a sigh of relief and patiently waited for Aria's arrival.

"Hey" Aria walked in smiling.
"Hi" Spencer replied, sounding nervous. Why wouldn't she be? She was about to tell her best friend,who she was in love with, that her boyfriend is cheating on her. She may not even believe her, but even if she did, what would that do to her? Aria has finally begun to fully trust Ezra again after everything that happened between them. After Maggie and her son, Aria was hurt but they figured it out in the end; and the book, it took forever for Aria to take Ezra back. Spencer couldn't imagine what would happen to Aria if she found out that after all that time Ezra spent convincing her the book was a mistake and that he loved her, he was cheating on her. Spencer couldn't do that to Aria, but she couldn't lie to her either.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" Aria asked curiously.
"I don't know how to tell you this, Ar..." Spencer kept her eyes on the floor, her hands trembling, trying to figure out how to say what she wanted to say in the best way possible; although she knew there was no good way to say it.
As soon as Aria heard the tone of Spencer's voice, her smile disappeared.
"Spence...what's wrong? You're scaring me".
"I saw Ezra at the brew yesterday and..." Spencer trailed off. She couldn't bring herself to say it.
"And what, Spencer?".
"Aria, he was with another girl" Spencer mumbled.
"Maybe they're just friends-"
"They were holding hands" Spencer cut in, irritated. She would do anything to not be having this conversation.
"No" Aria shook her head in disbelief. "No there's got to be another explanation for this. He would never do that to me" she stared at the floor in confusion.
"Aria I'm sorry-"
"He loves me! Okay?" The petite girl felt tears creep into her eyes. "He couldn't do that, not after everything...not after we..." Her voice disappeared as she slowly processed all that was happening. There's no way this could be true, Ezra loved her. He wouldn't work that hard to get her back if he was just going to cheat on her.
The room remained silent for a few minutes before Spencer decided to speak. "Aria please say something. I know this is hard to take in and I know you need some space, but I know what I saw. I saw him with someone else".
"Well you saw it wrong" Aria continued to deny what Spencer was saying.
"Aria why can't you just-"
"Because you're lying!" She cut her off once again. "Just go away...please" Aria buried her face in her hands as she was tired of fighting about this.
"I can't. I live here" Spencer replied in a serious tone. Aria lifted her head up from her hands and glared at Spencer. They just went through this whole fight full of accusation and denial and she had the nerve to make a joke? Aria grabbed her bag and stormed out the room, leaving Spencer hating herself more than Aria now did.

*Hey guys sorry if this is a bit short and boring but I've finally started to get things back on track so hopefully I will update more and hopefully it won't be crappy this time. Thanks for all your patience and understanding I really appreciate it! Don't forget to comment, it can be anything you want. Opinions on the chapter/story, ideas, or just anything you want because I love reading them :) see you soon.
-H xx