Why can't that be me?

Spencer's POV

I wake up and Aria's gone. I check my phone for the time and notice a text from her.

A: Hey Spence, sorry for walking out on you. Ezra wanted to talk to me. See you soon x

I'm happy for her. She's so happy with Ezra, and she deserves that. I just wish that I was the one making her happy like that.

I mean what am I supposed to do? Spend every day pretending I don't love her? See her be happy with Ezra whilst I sit here and watch as my heart slowly crumbles? She deserves to have someone to make her happy, but why can't it be me?

I'm being so selfish right now. She has someone she cares about and I'm sitting here, hating on him. I guess if she's happy, I'm happy. Her happiness is all that matters to me.

I walk to the Brew for a coffee. Everyone knows what happens to no-caffeine Spencer.

Just as I'm about to walk in I see two familiar people sitting at a table. Of course they're here. They're everywhere. Couldn't they have just gone to his apartment? Just seeing them together makes me feel sick.

I keep asking myself the same question, over and over again. Why can't that be me? What does he have that I don't? I'm always there for her-more than he is. But she always ends up running back to him. She might as well forget about me. She doesn't need me anymore.

*Hey sorry it's so short. It's kind of easier to write that way. I hope people are still enjoying it. Also, I started another story lol. You can check it out if you want, it's called 'Help Me'. Thanks for reading! :)
-H xx