I'm Ready

Spencer's POV

"So, what movie do you wanna watch?" I asked Aria; or should I say-my girlfriend. Yep, that's right. Aria Montgomery is my girlfriend. I don't think anyone understands how long I've wanted to say those words.

Her petite body walked into the room from the bathroom where she was previously getting changed into her PJs, which, by the way, she looked super hot in. 

"Uhmm, I don't really mind Spence, you know I'm up for anything" she said, looking around for her laptop.

"Is that so? Because if I remember correctly, every single time I choose a movie you disagree" I say as-matter-of-factly.

"Really? I don't remember?" she mumbled as she looked under her desk. She really needs to keep track of where she leaves that thing. "Oh! Here it is" she smiled, before walking towards the bed to join me. I sat up against the wall and uncrossed my legs so she could sit between them. "Fine, I guess I'll choose then" she sighed, although I know she is secretly excited.

The words "Big Hero 6" come onto the screen and I roll my eyes. "Again?" I laughed, and she just looked up at me with that beautiful smile of hers and nodded. Don't get me wrong, I love this movie, but this is the third time we've watched it this week. I smile and wrap my arms around her, before shifting my focus to the screen.

"Spence?".

"Yeh?".

"When are you going to come back to everyone?" she asked in such an innocent tone. God I love her.

"We've talked about this, I don't wanna see them yet" I sigh.

"I know Spence, but you've been here for almost two weeks. You can't hide in my room forever babe". My heart melts at the word 'babe'. I can't express how happy I am to be in love with my best friend, and for her to love me back. But I don't think I'm ready to see my family again. Not yet.

"I just don't know if I'm ready". She takes my hand in hers and looks into my eyes.

"I'll be right here with you" she gives me a sympathetic smile. I guess she's right. If anything goes wrong, I'll still always have her.

"Okay" I whisper and when I see that smile appear on her face I know that this is all worth it.

"Now shut up, Baymax is on screen" I smile, and she just laughs, and I couldn't ask for anything more.

_________________________________________

"Are you ready?" she asks, taking my hand in hers. 

"Probably not. But I'm trying" I let out a nervous laugh and she gives me a slow, kiss on the cheek.

"You ready now?" she asks.

"I don't know". She then takes hold of my face and plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"How about now?" her glimmering, hopeful eyes look up at me. I take a deep breath and lace my hand back with hers.

"I'm ready".

_________________________________________

I turn the key and push the front door open.

"Mom? Dad?". No answer. I walk towards to the bottom of the stairs and call out for my sister. "Melissa?".

"Spencer?". Suddenly what sounds like a stampede comes rushing down the stairs and I'm embraced in a tight hug.

"Where the hell have you been?!" she asks. She tried to sound angry but I can tell that its mostly worry in her eyes.

"Where's mom and dad?" I ask.

"Spencer" she  looks at me in the eyes. "Where. Have. You. Been.".

"I kinda sorta ran away for a while and then Aria found me and I stayed with her for a couple of weeks".

"Why did you run away? Are you okay?".

"It's...complicated" I laugh. 

I feel Aria grab my hand from behind and from the look on her face, I think Melissa noticed.

"So...when did this happen?" she laughs.

"Uhm..two weeks ago" I shuffle around uncomfortably.

"Finally" she laughs. What?

"W-what's so funny?" I ask, confused as to what is going on.

"I knew you loved her ever since the first time she came over. I didn't think it would take this long for it to happen" she smiles, and I think I hear her mumble "I guess I owe mom 20 bucks" at the end.

"Wait...so mom won't be mad?" I release a sigh I didn't even know I was holding in. She shakes her head and I smile before turning to Aria.

"Hey.. where is mom and dad?".

"The Police Station. Looking for you". Oh.

"Uhm-"

"It's okay Spence" she cuts me off. "How about we go tell her together. The three of us" and Aria's face brightens up, which makes me so happy.

"And hey, don't hurt my little sis okay?" she half-laughs to herself. She's known Aria as long as I have and she knows theres no chance of that happening.

"Oh I wouldn't dream of it ma'am" Aria replies sarcastically and the three of us laugh before heading to Melissa's car to face my parents.

I look at Melissa and I look at Aria.

I think I'm going to be okay.

*Hey guys I'm so sorry for the crappy chapter I'm in the middle of exams *screams internally* but i hope you at least kind of enjoyed it anyway and I'm not sure if i will be updating during exams again but it wont too long :) Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment!

-H xx