Sirens

Spencer's POV

I wake up to what is probably the most irritating noise ever. God, I wish those sirens would shut up. Can't they see someone's trying to sleep over here?
Although, they wouldn't exactly expect a person to be living in this place.

I turn on my phone to check the time and literally jump when I see the amount of calls and texts I have. Not just from her, from everyone. My mom, my dad, Melissa. Hell, even Ezra called me.

I feel my stomach drop at the thought of that. The only way he would know I was gone is if he spoke to Aria. Why did she have to tell him? He shouldn't care about me and I don't want him to. None of these people should; they don't need me. My parents have Melissa, and they've always told me about how I'm just a complication. My friends don't need me; Aria certainly doesn't. She made that clear when she didn't say no to that bastard.

It takes me a while to realise my phone vibrating in my hand. I don't even hesitate to reject the call.
It rings once again and I hit the button even harder, as if that would make her stop calling. What does she want from me anyway?
She calls a third time and I give up.
I bring the phone to my ear and sigh.
"What?" I say through my teeth.

Aria's POV

"Maybe you should call her again".

I sigh in deep frustration.
"I've already called her a million times and she hasn't answered. What makes you think she'll pick up this time?" I reply.
"I don't know, Aria. But it won't hurt to try again-"
"What do you mean it won't hurt? It's hurts! It really fucking hurts! Every time I call her and she doesn't answer, all I feel is pain! I don't know where she is, anything could happen to her. Oh, and she doesn't wanna talk to me because she hates me because I'm such a shit friend!" I cry.
"Aria-"
"No, Ezra. Just stop. I don't even know why I came here I never should've come here" I drop to my knees. I can't stand any longer.
"Aria. Just try again. It's the morning, she might be on her phone".
"Fine" I roll my eyes. I take out my phone and my fingers automatically type her number like its the only thing they know how to do.
Please pick up. Please pick up.

I let it ring a few times. No answer.
She can't do this to me, I need to talk to her.
I dial it again, still no answer.
"This is pointless" I sigh.
"Try again" he says for the billionth time.
"I have! I've tried and tried and tried, Ezra. She obviously doesn't want me anymore" I wipe my eyes. It doesn't help when my vision is all blurry.
"Aria"
"What?"
"It's ringing"
I look up and he has my phone in his hand, pointing it at me.
"Just try".
I take my phone and bring it to my ear. Please pick up Spence.
"What?" A voice suddenly yells in my ear. Oh my god.
"Spencer! Oh my god. You picked up. You actually picked up. I can't believe you actually picked up" I cry, but these were happy tears.
"What do you want?" She asks, still yelling slightly.
"Where are you?" I ask.
"Why would I tell you that? Don't come looking for me" I just about manage to hear; the loud sirens near Ezra's apartment aren't really helping.
"Spence please, I need you".
"No you don't. None of you do. Just leave me alone!" She shouts.
"Aria, maybe I should try talking to her" Ezra suggests.
"Hold on a second, was that...? Was that Ezra? Are you seriously with him right now? After everything that just happened!" She yells so loud I have to hold the phone away from my ear.
"No Spence you don't understand he was just helpi-" she hangs up the phone and I bang my fist on the floor.

I sit in silence until it hits me. I get up from the floor and rush for the front door.
"Aria where are you going?" Ezra asks from behind.
"To find Spencer" I smile.
"How?" he asks, still confused.
"I heard sirens" I reply, getting excited.
"Yeh, I'm pretty sure everyone around the block heard the sirens Aria" he raises his eyebrows.
"No, don't you get it? I heard sirens when I was on the phone! Do you know what that means?" My smile grows even bigger.
Ezra's eyes widen. "...She's near this area" he smiles.
I nod and run out the door.

I'm gonna get my best friend back.

*Heyyy sorry for the wait. I hope you like it!!
-H xx