Christian Pulisic 💔 One Step Forward and Three Steps Back

One Step Forward and Three Steps Back
Olivia Rodrigo

One Step Forward and Three Steps Back Olivia Rodrigo

Y/n is English. Christian is American.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~y/n's POV~

Scientists say that if a friendship lasts longer than 7 years, then it will last a lifetime. Boy were they wrong.

It was Christian's birthday and I had been out shopping for him all day. I'd been to all his favourite shops and bought all his favourite things. I went over to his place and when I went in, he was crashed out on the sofa surrounded by loads of beer bottles. It wasn't like him to drink. He never drank.

"Christian?" His head perked up off the sofa at the sound of my voice and he turned and looked at me.

"Y/n! YoU'rE hErE!" He stumbled over to me and threw himself at me for a hug.

"Christian. You're a mess! What are you doing with all this drink?"

"DrInKiNg It SiLlY!"

"But you never drink?"

"YeS I dO. ThAtS hOw I sUrViVe!"

"But you never drink alcohol."

"FaNcIeD a ChAnGe."

"What on earth are you talking about Christian!?"

"ShE sAw Me LiKe ThIs AnD cAlLeD iT qUiTs."

"You never actually dated her! Tell me the truth!"

"I dOnT kNoW wHaT I wAs DoInG!"

"You know exactly what you've done. You never tell me the truth! I'm so sick of you and all the lies you say to me!"

I walked towards the door and Christian followed me.

"WhErE aRe YoU gOiNg?" He asked.

"Home! I'm not putting up with this crap anymore. If you wanna save this friendship, you better phone me tomorrow when you're sober."

I walked out of Christian's and went home. It took me forever to get to sleep. I was so worried about him. I'd never seen him in that state before. What was he doing with his life?

I woke up, very uneasy and unsure about whether Chris was ever going to ring. It got to about 2pm and my small pieces of hope that I had in my heart, started withering away. Until my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Y/n? Please give me a chance to explain myself?" He asked and I huffed.

"Fine. You've got 3 minutes."

"Okay. I had an argument with my parents about not going back to America for the rest of the year-."

"But Chris, it's only September 19th. It's forever until the new year. You've gotta go back for thanksgiving surely!"

"She wants me to quit football y/n!" He yelled.

"You did as she asked. Didn't you?"

"Of course not! Playing soccer for my country and for Chelsea was my dream since I was a little kid. I'm not giving that up now!"

"This still doesn't explain all the drink!"

"I resorted to drinking after my argument with her."

"For gods sake Christian!" I screamed. "You have no idea how much stick I'm gonna get from your mum now!"

"From my mum!? What are you talking about!?"

"Your mum is so toxic to me! She hates my guts!" I took a deep breath. "Look Chris. I can't do this anymore."

"Do what y/n?" He asked softly. "What's going on?"

"I just can't take how difficult our friendship is nowadays-"

"You're not leaving me? Are you y/n?"

"I'm sorry Christian. I've got to. I'll always love you. And you will always be my best friend. We just won't talk anymore. Okay?"

"But y/n-"

"No buts. Goodbye Christian. I love you. And I always will." I ended the phone call, knowing that this was for the best. But I was going to miss my best friend more than anything in the world.