Hold On, I Still Need You

They never thought the day would come. The most successful female footballer ever, Y/n y/l/n, committed suicide. She had been receiving endless amounts of sexist abuse from millions of people all over the world. Her funeral was broadcasted all over the world for fans to watch.

"We are gathered here today to remember the life of y/n y/l/n. I ask that everyone, if you wish to, share something about her." The vicar said.

"The loving and fighting-" Phil Foden began.

"Accusing, denying-" Jorginho continued.

"I can't imagine a world with you gone" John Stones cried.

"The joy and the chaos" sighed Conor Coady.

"The demons we're made of" Trent Alexander-Arnold said, sorrowfully.

"I'd be so lost if you left me alone" croaked Timo Werner.

"You locked yourself in the bathroom, lying on the floor when I break through" Jordan Pickford bawled.

"I pulled you in to feel your heartbeat" stuttered Declan Rice.

"Couldn't hear me screaming please don't leave me!" Jude Bellingham wailed.

"Hold on I still want you." Wept Dele Alli.

"Come back I still need you" Reece James whispered.

"Let me take your hand I'll make it right" said Kyle walker, grievously.

"I swear to love you all my life" Erling Haaland croaked.

"Hold on I still need you." Cried James Maddison.

The funeral finished and the last ever interview that y/n did was broadcasted everywhere.

"Hello and welcome. I am here with y/n y/l/n. How are you?"

"I'm doing amazing. Very excited to be here."

"So we wanna ask about your upbringing. Was was it like?"

"I grew up in a little town in the middle of nowhere. Everyone knew everyone and there was always a strong sense of community. I had quite a few friends in the town and most of them were boys cause the girls wouldn't play football. I still actually talk to most of those lads now. I remember one year there was a massive fire in the town. I was stuck in the building and everyone had already got out-"

"How old were you?"

"Probably 12,13. I was petrified. I told myself. This is it. This is my time to die. I'm never gonna get a chance to do what I've always wanted."

"And what was that?"

"To prove everyone wrong."

"What do you mean by that?"

"There were a lot of men in my village who would always laugh at me saying I could never make it. I didn't have a chance like the boys did. But I'm the only one who did make it professionally. Sorry lads. Had to be said."

"Tell me more about the fire. What happened?"

"We were playing football and one of the older boys told us a story about an old abandoned car factory at the edge of the town. Apparently it was almost completely empty and we could play football in there. So us being the adventurous kids we were, we went to the factory and started playing footy on the main floor. There was a flammable liquid all over the floor and our ball hit a lighter. I went to go and get the ball and the place burst into flames. The boys tried getting to me but I told them to get out. It was better just one of us dying than all of us. The boys got out and the flames just kept getting bigger. All of a sudden I could hear a man shouting my name. A fireman was there and he picked me up and took me outside. I had to go to the hospital for some checkups but luckily I was fine. I had a couple of burns but nothing too severe."

"That's really brave of you. I could never have done that. Moving on. What academy did you play for?"

"Chelsea. I was originally with the wildcats at the age of 10 but they moved me into train with the Under 17's academy team. All of them were like my older brothers and they always treated me like their little sister. I loved them all like brothers. Then I ended up signing my Chelsea senior team contract and I've been there since."

"Have you always been a Chelsea supporter?"

"Since day one. I've always loved the team."

"Who was your favourite player watching growing up?"

"There's a few. Eden Hazard of course, Fabragas, Lampard, Diego Costa and John Terry were a couple of them."

"What was it like getting a call up for England to play with players like Harry Kane?"

"It was the best day of my life. I remember I was at Mason Mount's. There was me, Mase, Tammy Abraham, Ben Chilwell and Reece James and one after the other we all got phone calls and we just celebrated all day."

"Thank you for talking with us today y/n. We will see you after the international break. Good luck!"

"Thank you. See you soon!"